Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a 2013 Diesel Civic since 2015.... Never a problem until I changed the oil myself because all garages are closed due to current pandemic. This is my second Civic & drove the first 1 which waspetrol for 5 years.
I loosened the oil sensor instead of the sump bung (stop sniggering at the back). After I drained & changed the oil & filters & replaced evrything including the oil sensor & the car won't start... I've returned the computer on the dash to default settings but the car still won't start... Battery has full charge but is 'clicking' when I turn the ignition... Does the ecu need reset ?... Anyone any ideas as all garages ar closed due to Covid lockdown.... All suggestions very much appreciated, be gentle I'm a newbie...

·
Registered
13 Posts
That happened to me. Try push start. If that works, it's the starter. About 90 pounds. Two screws. Under the air filter. YouTube instructions. Not that hard to do it yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That happened to me. Try push start. If that works, it's the starter. About 90 pounds. Two screws. Under the air filter. YouTube instructions. Not that hard to do it yourself.

Thanks for the reply, I took the battery to my local autoparts shop who drained the battery and recharged it.... Started 1st time when I put it back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts