Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this Honda civic its my first car as i have allways had motorbikes.
Its a 1996 Lsi 1.5
I will change the wheel's soon but havn't really got any in mind yet!
Does anyone know who does re-mapping the ECU in the south?

i know this is off topic but pic's of my bikes are at
http://bikepics.com/members/davecagivamito/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Attachments

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Hey Splinter, welcome to HCF. Nice looking car you have there. Did you install after market lips, skirts and fog lights? Doesn't look quite standard to me!

What else have you planned?

That bike website seems to be down for the time being.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Alec i got the car with them on so im guessing it was put on by the last owner.
As for anythink else planned i really don't know as im new to cars (on got the civic cos i got all honda bikes!!)
I wouldn't mind changing the skirts on the car and putting a aftermarket bumpers and side kit on but thats me thinking at the moment.
But i will turbo it maybe this year or early next year.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice car looks clean. Also looks like the previous owner did quite a bit unless they were optional extras.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last owner had it 10 years + its got full service history as well!!!
Alec i've got 2 more bikes as well i haven't updated it yet lol i got 4 on the road at the min but im selling the blade.
need loads of bikes for my line of work...
Will a 2005 typre R wheels fit my car?

·
Registered
614 Posts
welcome to the forum m8, nice car btw and the r6 has to be the best bike there. I know a few people who have done the same as you m8 with the honda bikes then honda cars, nothing beats jap cars or bikes in my eyes.

Dunno who does a remap in the south but if you find one let me know cuz i want mine done lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi r19ory the r6 was crazy i spent shed loads of cash on it was a rocket i got a sound clip some where i'll have to find it!!
But yeah i got the civic cos its a honda and im glade i did it goes well i cant wait to see what the 1.6 vtec goes like?
For the re-mapping i got a jap import tuning company near me i'll go see them wednesday i think or i found these guy's
http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/Car%20Tun ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they are miles from me but if they are good i guess the trip would be worth it!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
haha yeah defo, i want to go to a honda tuner really, dont want no mad mike remapping it lol. yeah definitley get the sound clip up m8, love r6's and obviously r1's! What, are you getting an engine swap or something, i swear you said you had a 1.5?lol
jus guna look at that site now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah its a 1.5 but it goes well to u put it in 5th!!!
Im new to cars but bikes i know what im doing.
What do u think is best to get the civic Torque up and BHP?

On the r6 i got it jetted and a race can + K&N air filter and that gave me 10bhp more then put a bigger rear sproket on so it would get to its topend faster only cos i couldnt pull past a 55 plate evo that was flat out as fast as i wanted to lol!!
But after the changes it went like a rocket it done 170mph on a dyno with acceleration gearing!
The engine was fucked after 19000 miles of me riding it >:eek:

Where bouts are you? if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
614 Posts
Bristol m8, should say on the location thingy. Not too sure bout the torque and bhp tho i have been told that i can get a 2.2 prelude engine for around £2100 and get it fitted. With mine to increase performance im jus getting a whole cam bundle from buddyclub as it has all the bits i need and then get it remmaped, maybe chip it in the future. Its already got a dc manifold and full system buddyclub exhaust and induction kit, so putting cams and a remap should do a reasonable job. then i really want to rip out the back seat sand just make it lighter.

Yeah i wasn't saying it was slow just that you mentioned a 1.6 so i wondered what you meant m8. my old pal had a 1.5 lsi or esi (cnt remember) but it was still pretty quick and we got 128mph out of it on the motorway lol. yours is looking good too, wack some rims and an exhaust, maybe lower it and itl be mint, love the splitters and specially the fogs!!!!lol. think its same colour as mine too

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i need some new wheels lol. Exhaust i think so i just dont want it to loud i think the fogs cam standerd as it has the switchs inside? + i need new ones as they are looking really bad they have gone WHITE lol (the fog lights).
Whats the dc manifold and full system buddyclub exhaust and induction kit like? and how much does it cost to get it all?
do u have msn?

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah must come standard then, fogs arn't in mine(obv on back but not front :( ) if you have £400 spare lol then there are some mint alloys on here m8, go on for sale page. they are black and awesome rims, would get em myslef but its too low to fit 18's.

yeah sounds out of this world buddy, would put up a sound clip but doesnt do it justice.i relly reccomend the buddyclub spec 4 full system if you get an exhaust. quiet at the right times and amazing sounds at the right times.£430 for that.manifold bout £250ish, not too sure bout the induction kit.
Here are some pics of the beast, its on this site but i havn't pu them on the gallery yet, instead its on the suggestion page lol.
help-suggestions/uploading-pics-t598.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

where bouts are you then bud?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is a nice car i like the white wheels + the colour is a good pick :) . Ow i seen them black wheels they are nice i would have got them but i payed more on the inscurance to make the monthly cheaper. Im Next to Reading Takes me 10 mins to get to the M4 i was in bristol last weekend getting a bike for a friend...

·
Registered
370 Posts
hey nice car i got one too :). they go alrite for a 1.5!! you'll find liek me that as soon as you get new wheels it will need lowering ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts