Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i got pointed to this forum by Luke Clinch so thought i'd check it out.

My ride is a 99 Civic Jordan turbo, makes 343bhp 221ftlbs at 12psi on the OEM b16. I've had the car for about 7.5yrs now and still loving it.

Just writing to say hi guys, hopefully get to know some of you.

Craig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wx6fmphTRw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (poor track conditions)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a Civic....any torque in 3 figures is impressive!
LOL

I've got some more pics somewhere guys, i'll sort some out.

torque is quite low for 343bhp , but i suppose in saying that it only a 1.6
Yep, the little 1.6 isnt going to make masses of Tq, but why would you want that in a FWD car? I grip through second with this setup, in the dry of course.

Edit:

clinchy said:
hey craig, good to see you on here mate. about time we had tuner lol.

i never did ask what track that was at?
Shakespeares last weekend mate, thanks for the intro to the forum ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome :) Making some pretty nice figures there but you do seem to have a bit of a drop in power between 5250 and 5800ish RPM, is that usual of boosted B16s?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Edd said:
Welcome :) Making some pretty nice figures there but you do seem to have a bit of a drop in power between 5250 and 5800ish RPM, is that usual of boosted B16s?

Running ITR cams, without adj gears i couldnt dial this out. Tried various vtec crossover points etc but this was the best. I also limited the rev limit to ~8300rpm due to OEM rod bolts, so its not ideal with these cams. Will be spending some more time on the dyno before christmas so will try to get the cam gears on by then and see what improvements can be made.

Dip is not noticable on the street, just kicks you back in the seat when vtec kicks in, little to no lag between gear changes keeps it in the sweet spot.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. We need to see some pics of the car though

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here you go guys, pics are a bit old but you get the idea. No longer wearing the 18s, i have Rota Grid 15s with Yoko rubber. New radiator and a few other little upgrades ; )

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice man, very nice indeed. The next big upgrade on my car will be gettin boost y0, will have to save but hopefully by the end of 2009, ill have enough pennies saved.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Sweet looking car mate

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi im a new member aswell i have 1.4 ek4 in red project in progress lol i was at stratford sunday my friend was in the 106 rallye next 2 your jordan you may have seen me trying to my head under your bonnet lol. great work on the car

Edit:

i may be mistaken on the ek4 bit lol dnt no much about hondas so far could anybody tell me were i can source a obd1 ecu from and what obd is thankyou

1 - 20 of 22 Posts