Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi looking to buy a honda civi vti areodeck i have to commute 40 miles a day so need a reliable and economical car,now as owners i understand you may be biast and as i work in the motor trade (for vw) im aware that honda has a good reputation.im told to expext between 30-35 mpg on average is there anything to look out for the one im looking at is a t-reg and has one previous owner but 140,000 miles is this something that would put you off?i have been told milage is not an issue with these as it has fsh .cheers

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Huh? No there is an estate model called the Aerodeck.

On topic: These cars are good and will return good MPG figures if you drive them sensibly which is difficult! If you drive it hard expect quite low MPG figures but if you drive it like a granddad (it is the daily commute after all) you should be fine.

As for 140,000 thats nothing engine should still be good! Just check to see if its burning oil and the usual checks you make when buying any car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
According to honda the timing belt needs changing about 110,000miles . if that was done it should be sweet, if not you'll be looking at a pretty expensive job as the engine needs to be stripped down to get at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts