Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to the forum and honda in general, I just got hold of a 1.4 max 2001 but aint got any pics yet.
This forum looks great by the way and heres a couple of pics of my old motor.
[attachment=5:3t3t3cv0]25-10-08_0903.jpg[/attachment:3t3t3cv0]
[attachment=4:3t3t3cv0]08-11-08_0908.jpg[/attachment:3t3t3cv0]
[attachment=3:3t3t3cv0]08-11-08_0906.jpg[/attachment:3t3t3cv0]
I will get some pics of the civic and start modding soon hopefully!!! :D

Pics of the civic still standerd atm...

[attachment=2:3t3t3cv0]DSC00090.JPG[/attachment:3t3t3cv0]

[attachment=1:3t3t3cv0]DSC00121.JPG[/attachment:3t3t3cv0]

[attachment=0:3t3t3cv0]DSC00120.JPG[/attachment:3t3t3cv0]

sorry bot the phone pics :confused:
Any suggestions welcome but I want to have subtle mods as Its only a 1.4

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hi from costi1.4

Thanks guys once again great site and awesome cars...more reliable and better engineered than vdubs thats for sure :exclaim:

·
Registered
7,629 Posts

costi1.4 said:
Thanks guys once again great site and awesome cars...more reliable and better engineered than vdubs thats for sure :exclaim:
well if a polo is your base for that comment its not the best,
i have never rated polos also i have welded up more hondas than i have ever welded dubs if thats better engineering ,
and you know what they say its better to drop an engine in a good shell but not in a rotten one .

"This should get some attention lol waiting for the barage of abuse :D "

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I had a mk3 Golf too, on the basic models the brakes are diabolical, the electric windows constantly fall through!, window regulators are S!%#, starter motors are useless, they rust, you cant buy a red one cos its faded half way to hell, the polo even has a common fault with the GEARBOX!!! I know some Hondas are not electrogalvenised or sumink like that but on the list of common faults in this forum most are just rattles of plastic covers. Rant Over lol

·
Registered
7,629 Posts

costi1.4 said:
I had a mk3 Golf too, on the basic models the brakes are diabolical, the electric windows constantly fall through!, window regulators are S!%#, starter motors are useless, they rust, you cant buy a red one cos its faded half way to hell, the polo even has a common fault with the GEARBOX!!! I know some Hondas are not electrogalvenised or sumink like that but on the list of common faults in this forum most are just rattles of plastic covers. Rant Over lol
lol mk3 golfs are rubbish in general there either really clean or rusty dont know why ,
polos have always had gearbox problems as do a lot of hondas ,
as do hondas fade and have paint problems , also they have window mech problems too ,
newer type r civics have rack problems and there not cheap ,and also a lot of civics have distributor problems ,
and you say basic models have diabolical brakes its a basic model not a race car its for grandma to go shopping in ,
what im trying to say is all cars have good and bad points , and if all you have seen in this forum is plastic rattles you need to read some more matey im not after an argument here im just saying nothing is perfect and you need to open your eyes a little ,
have a look around and enjoy the forum mate :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Cheers dude, I hope it didnt sound like I was angry n def didnt mean to upset anyone :confused: I just like the way my Honda starts on the button rather than...well you know :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

Saying that I would love a mint MK1 or MK2 GTI. A friend has a mint MK2 Rallye and that is just ace!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts