Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have a 92 del sol D15B vxi (EG1) and thought I would pop in to say hi! I am looking to get an EK civic sometime in the near future too.
I am a pure bred Honda owner, have owned a 90 B20A lude in Australia for two years, a 95 D16ZC Teg over here for two years and now my Del Sol D15B which I have had for around 8 months.
Hope you all take lightly to me bein a Sol owner and not a true civic owner seein how parts can be swapped in and out of civics and del sols im hopin I wont get a grilling too much ;)

Some pics of my currently standard sol:

Got a lot planned for it, recently fitted my short shifter and just trying to find the time to put my lowering springs in, NRG torque damper and Cat 1 alarm in. Then I will be looking to buy a full exhaust system, CAI and eventually hoping to turbo the D15B or go ITB.

Attached are the only two pics of my teg on this PC.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well theres a bit of a story behind the teg as I only recently sold it:

When I bought it, it had just come out of a bodyshop with a new coat of nighthawk black paint and front lip + side skirts so as you can imagine I cleaned it and polished it practically every weekend cos it was my pride and joy!
One night I was dropping the gf off in the early hours of the morning and as im driving down this country lane I see a BIG slab of (what I thought was cement!!) something covering most of the road. I was doing bout 70mph, couldnt go round it, couldnt brake in time so I hit it... I thought I had totalled my car cos the front end went up and all we could hear was tearing and ripping.
I get out to see my front bumper completely missing and my fenders all bent, so I look under the car and the whole damn bumper was mulch under my car.
I still thought I had hit cement until I grab a peice of this stuff and squeeze it, and it was a foam freekin mattress that some git had thrown off the back of a lorry!!!
My front bumper + lip (pre-accident) were only a few inches off the ground (see the pic above, its a pre crash pic) so when I hit this very damp foam mattress at 70mph I guess it must of been like hitting cement hence all the damage.
I was gutted but had to clean up my car quick cos the road was a bad road, so I grab all the bits of bumper I can and drive to my gf's with a broken car.

A couple weeks later and a new bumper + the help of my brother and his mates in the bodyshop I had my car back with a clean front end with no mugen lip!!! so no catching it on things like fly tipped mattresses!

As said above I sold it recently to a very very happy welsh man! and im missin it like crazy still!

But the sol on the other hand is an amazing little car!!! Loving the D15B engine, but my exhaust has just started blowing so will post in the wanted section to see if anyone has one.

As for which car I like best thats a real hard one cos the teg looked one of the best that I have ever seen (a bit biased) but the sols engine is better and more fun to whip about in but all in all you get about the same amount of stares of people in both. Cant wait to get an EK though ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ye exactly what I thought (pikeys..) apparently you can sue the council for road negligence or something (roads need to be checked constantly) but at the time I was at uni and didnt need the hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts