Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, names Joe,

Joined to really gain some knowledge of the Civic i want! Been into VW's for years (currently have a mk2 golf Gti), but fancy summit a bit more revvy and with more torque top end (i've always had 8v's with low end torque). So i'm looking at EG's, probably a 1.5 LSi. Must say i'm very surprised at how well these hold there money! i cant find a cheap one! Looking to spend between 300 - 600 really.

Anyhoo....gona be keeping my eye out for a car, hopefully pick something up next week and then i can start probing your brains of how to modify the buggers!

Cheers,

Joe

·
Registered
351 Posts
hello im a vw convert and really happy with the change pick a good one and you wont be disapointed
i down graded from a corrado 16v to my 1.5 lsi coupe and am really enjoying it and apart from the few little knocks and scratches here and there its a upgrade really

changing to a 1.8 aerodeck(family) soon if i dont get the money i want from the trade in. mine will be up for grabs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh i'm not looking for a car that is necessarily as quick as my GTI, just something that i can rev the knackers off! Plus, i want something a bit lighter on fuel, and with power steering etc. Just always fancied a civic so now is the time i think.

Anyways the hunt continues, what are the 1.4 EG's like?? (my mate used to have a later 1.4 on an R-plate, which went really well after a few mods). There is one relatively local on Ebay, but i dont want one that i cant tune a bit and make a bit nippy etc.

Joe

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
as above, You should go for the Vtecs, They are much better, but finding one for 600 maybe quite difficult as the Vtecs are THE ones to own. Btw welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome :) If you want torque from a Honda engine go for the D16A9 out of a 16v CRX they haven't got VTEC but they are 130bhp and pull pretty well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey dude, hows it going, you should look on ebay there a few. but ill keep an eye out for one ? instead of getting Lsi why dont you get the Esi it has Vtec

·
Registered
423 Posts
VTEC PoWa y0!!!

You'll love the feeling when it kicks in as i will rev to 6krpm just to travel 50 feet and brake again :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts