Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Im Tom, just passed my test and got my first car. Silver Honda Civic Ep2 2002. Still cant believe got the civic!
So far done no mods. Loads of ideas but runnin very low on cash.

I found some honda civic type r front and back splitters on ebay and was wondering if its a simple job to fit. Do i have to change the whole bumper to start? Any help would be great.

Here are a few pics. . .

[attachment=3:mtmsv0tn]1.JPG[/attachment:mtmsv0tn]
[attachment=2:mtmsv0tn]2.JPG[/attachment:mtmsv0tn]
[attachment=1:mtmsv0tn]IMG_03541.JPG[/attachment:mtmsv0tn]
[attachment=0:mtmsv0tn]IMG_0355.JPG[/attachment:mtmsv0tn]

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
have fun with it and driving. dont crash it !!.

i dont have a clue about that shape someone will be along to help im sure :D

enjoy your stay

·
Registered
795 Posts
Awesome way to start driving mate!!! Shouldn't be too much trouble to fit the splitters. If it is just splitters you shouldn't need to remove the whole bumper

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Hey Tom, welcome to the forum mate! Car looks great :)

Generally, bodykits are actually bumper replacements, where as lips (Type R lips for example) are bolt-on extras. I personally prefer the look of lips.

Keep us updated on how it goes!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hey there, i had this car(ep2) a while ago and it was my first civic. I added the front lip and some other parts.
Here is a pic with the lip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys!
Yeh thought so, seems like the splitters are a good buy then. Found some on ebay but one is an off shade of grey, would it be possible to spray this myself with a DIY job or should it be done professionally? I Have very little experience with paint jobs
:-
Picture above is really useful. . . Cheers

·
Registered
795 Posts
Pic whore lol

Tom mate. You could probably do it yourself providing you do the research first. But it won't be anywhere near as good as a professional will do it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
before you add any body mods onto it, just be aware that the actual type R spoiler wont fit other civics i dont think. well i read somewhere that it wont fit my civic sport, and i think tht is the same as ur car with the body kit on :s am i right guys??? it said that the type R spoiler is too wide to fit my car...so may be the same for yours.
so just check that it isnt the same for all the body kit otherwise you could be buying something that wont fit your car >:eek:
keep us updated on how it goes...wanna see the finished job :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts