Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every1!

Ej9 owner here! so far got some vti alloys on the car and also cat back exhaust, not too sure what to do next tho.. but was thinking about these uprated fuel regulators..FSE boost valves. does anyone know how well these work? and also how much more petrol they use?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Nice looking car, sorry cant answer any of your questions tho :-

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome mate!

The boost valve basically increases the pressure in the injectors. The valve then diverts the fuel back to the tank at a higher limit, so more pressure is produced in the rail, this upping the injector spray, also increasing it for a longer period of time. In simpler terms it prob wud increases the mpg slightly, as it makes the fuel rail pressure sensor into thinking the fuel pressure is lower than it actually is, so the ecu ups the pressure and increases the fuelling.

My mate had one in his car, and from his experience he said the fuel basically remained pretty much about the same (well he said he didnt really notice much of a difference) as it did without the valve, but he did notice a slight improvement in acceleration but nothing drastic.

However i'd recommened getting your ECU re-mapped instead, a lot better in my opinion. Dont think the boost valves will give you much bhp increase anyhoo. Maybe on modified engines yeah, but im not 100% sure. Just goin on what my mate told me after getting his one.

Enjoy your stay on the forums brother !

Oh and nice motor man :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts