Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm new to the forum but have been into Hondas since i was old enough to drive (i'm 21 now) I own a 94 eg6 vti in polar white the car has covered 62k from new with full service history. I spent 6 months searching for the right car and eventually found my car just 5 minutes up the road in my home town!! The cars fairly standard at the moment, although it does have a few modifications, Interior wise I've fitted a buddyclub short throw gear lever with an integra type-r gearknob, and a nice momo steering wheel. Exterior wise ive fitted clear front side clusters, and thats it! and polished it to within an inch of its life! The cars still running on standard fat five wheels and is lowered 40mm. Under the bonnet the cars running a DC sports long arm intake and a stainless steel 4-1 manifold with decat pipe and full magnex system ending in a round 2.5 inch tailpipe. I also removed the throttle body from the inlet manifold the other day and polished the interior surface of the throttle body, and removed the throttle plate and knife edged it. Koni adjustable shocks and lowering springs were fitted by the previous owner and give a good compromise between comfort and good roadholding. The car recently had a full service and check over with honda who replaced the vtec solenoid gasket, checked and adjusted the valve clearances, and gave it an oil and filter change so she should be running well hopefully for the next 6 months! I've just ordered a full set of energy suspension polybushes and RTA bushes because there literally falling to pieces! and handling is a little bit ropey to say the least! a set of drilled and grooved front discs and ebc greenstuff pads will also be getting fitted sometime in the next few weeks. Although these will soon be relaced with a big brake conversion consisting of prelude callipers and mg zs discs. In the pipeline are stage 1 cams and uprated valvetrain, skunk2 intake manifold, integra injectors, larger diameter throttle body, ecu upgrade, coilovers, and the fat fives will be replaced with 16 inch wheels (I'll be holding onto the fat fives tho!) I hope I'v givin you a little insight into me and my car and as you have probably worked out I kinda live for my car! all my wages get spent on my civic! Nothing gives me a greater buzz at the end of a hard day at work than jumping in my car waiting for her to warm upto operating temperature then finding the nearest 106 gti/saxovts/2.0 16v nova/corsa to embarrass!!! I never knew a little 1.6 hatchback could be so fast till I got my own vti! My mate owns an integra dc5 typer and upto 100 my little eg's actually quicker! another mate has a mk4 astra gsi turbo and even that with its torquey turbocharged 2.0 litre cant shake me off till at least 100! I love my little civic and have a feeling it could be the first of many performance Hondas I'l end up owning! A mate of mine owns the only 2.2 stroker kitted stage 3 rotrex charged civic type r in the country ( you may have seen it in redline magazine recently or at santapod at japshow) he took me out in it a couple of weeks ago and I'v got a feeling I'v been bitten by the supercharged bug! Looks like my little eg6 is gona turn out to be an expensive project!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh sorry bout that guys will get sum decent photos taken soon, I live in cumbria tho and its hard t find a nice day to take good photos!!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
welcome to the site mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts