Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im dan, i own a ZR105 so its a 1.4 but i got mates who have civics and have to appreciate them, they are nice cars. Will be getting a ZR 160 with a 1.8vvc engine in about 3 weeks (a bit like v-tec but better :p ). Just joined out of interest to see the cars and always good to get a bit of background knowledge on other makes. Get some good modding ideas too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics....enjoy!

sorry pics are a bit rubbish, light levels always suck! Pics 1 and 2 show u realistically how bright yellow it is! lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks lee! ZR 160s arent a bad match for Civic Type R's either! :mrgreen:

[youtube:3cuflyl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGpgJxZ3WII[/youtube:3cuflyl4]

proof is in the pudding lol! Really need to see more pics on here though guys, always nice to have a look at how people make their cars unique, thats the whole point of modding isn't it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh i know, but the ZR is lighter, and i got a few mod ideas for mine, plan on taking its 0-60 down to 6 seconds after a month or so with a few mods. Not sure on a type r's 0-60 but i imagine its faster than a 160 as standard.

·
Registered
225 Posts
6.4 seconds to the 0-60 but we get the lovely vtec and rev counter up to 9000 and 2.0 ltr engine plus the weight difference wont be that much between the two the type r's are stripped out for the weight loss and you cant beat honda handling for the corners ;) but i imagine your mg would probs have a good enough go though ;) mines about 210bhp but it aint always about bhp figures anyway

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah, so only after i modify mine, only requires a full mg xpower exhuast system and air induction kit. Shows how much the engine is restricted to start with since it takes a second off, zr 160 is 7.1 but after mods becomes 6.2...

Well if they had ever made the ZRX which has 250bhp and 250ps, 0-60 times under 5 seconds....

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgm/shows/ms04/xrzfront.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.xpower-mg.com/MG_ZRX.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but they had to sell their xpower stuff cause rover dragged them down, almost to the point of losing it all together, thankfully back online in the summer in the UK.

But, even though they took orders for it, cause of all that liquidation, never got mass produced, so type R wins this round! :lol:

Oh and i know Type R's have Vtec but 160s have VVC engines which is a similar concept (variable valve control) its a rally engine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
haha yeah i suppose,i heard about them ones and was a shame mg went bust as they where good cars,plus if we mod the type r the possibilitys are endless theres loads lol :lol: ours are naturally aspirated at that power without mods.

but if you get your mods you will have to get some bhp readings n show us how you get on mate ;) good luck with it all it will be quite impressive!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh had HGF failure with mine, but i got a new uprated gasket installed, so will get one done on the new car immediately, the new gasket will mean that u don't get HGF, rover gave them that problem with the K series engines they use, put in naff gaskets, the last few ZRs that were made, the face lift models do not get HGF as they had the uprated gasket MG made, the last rovers still have problems though. Shame MG had to fix rovers mistakes, with rovers loss of %20 in profits in their last year, MG had an increase of 4%!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont think so with an uprated head gasket and a 0-60 time of 6 seconds! haha im sensinig a challenge! :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts