Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im Daryl i live in Bury St edmunds in suffolk, im just about to turn 18 (this friday :D ) and going to start an apprenticeship working for British Sugar

My current car is a little 1.1 Fiat Seicento

which i also share with my brother, so as you can probably tell i really want to get another car just for me :)

I am planning on getting a Honda Civic Sport 1.6 mabye 03 to 05

so if anyone can give me any tips on where to look or cars to go for i would appreciate it :D

Cheers, Daz

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Daz
Welcome to the forum.
if i was you id find a car auction to go to that deals with new cars or just hunt local adds and autotrader till i found one i wanted/could afford (be careful your not to ambitious as insurance will be a high on a 1.6 - as if it were not high enough lol).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate yer ive looked at the insurance and its group 6 and some of the quotes arent to bad :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yer it does get a bit anoying when need to go somewhere, then look out the window and see that the car has gone lol, :eek:

and the arguments over fuel lol >:-( :lol: you dont want to know

:v :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Civic sport is a very good choice, but if you are thinking about hardcore tuning and getting more BHP out of it, its not the car you should be getting... Because the D16V1 1.6 civic sport 2003-2005 (EP2)isnt built for crazy tuning. Don't get me wrong, it is still a very nippy car for a 1.6

But if its looks you are going for then its a super car to have on your drive... some people moan about the fact that when you do them up, its basically a type r replica but baring in mind, your 18 right... insurance is low (group 6) and fuel consumption is miles better than the type r :lol:

If you can wait, you can have mine in 6months time because im saving up for type r atm :p

Here some pics of mine...
introductions/hello-people-t2031.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(i have done more to it, but havnt had the time to take pics yet)

Hope this info is useful!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Aright mate, welcome to the site. Are you buying the car because you like the shape or are you wantting a tuner car? Coz if its a tuner car you want I'd go for the EK as its a much more tunable car than the EP2

Chris
ps, any civic is better than a Fiat!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bobz_1986 said:
Civic sport is a very good choice, but if you are thinking about hardcore tuning and getting more BHP out of it, its not the car you should be getting... Because the D16V1 1.6 civic sport 2003-2005 (EP2)isnt built for crazy tuning. Don't get me wrong, it is still a very nippy car for a 1.6

But if its looks you are going for then its a super car to have on your drive... some people moan about the fact that when you do them up, its basically a type r replica but baring in mind, your 18 right... insurance is low (group 6) and fuel consumption is miles better than the type r :lol:

If you can wait, you can have mine in 6months time because im saving up for type r atm :p

Here some pics of mine...
introductions/hello-people-t2031.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(i have done more to it, but havnt had the time to take pics yet)

Hope this info is useful!

Hey thanks mate

yer i would like to tune it a bit mabye induction kit and new exhaust, i may go no further than that as i will be doing the same as you and saving for a type r later, and the only other mods i may do will only be aesthetic ones, like lights, wheels and window tints.

yours looks pretty nice mate:) thats what i want to get mabye in black :p, and you know the type r parts are they only available from honda?

cheers, Daz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chris yer i like the way this one looks and im not going to tune it loads as bobz_1986 said there not the most tunable and yer that little fiat only goes or should i say moves :lol: if its only one person in the car and you rev the absolute crap out of it lol :D and its still not particularly fast, oh well its a first car :lol:

Cheers, Daz

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
^^^^ You have a 1.1 mate, they aint designed for speed :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well yeah, the odd mod like a induction kit and new exhaust isn't going to eat your wallet, but i know people who have spent £2000-£3000 on the engine and yet it only produces 150BHP max (standard is 110BHP) that includes port n polish, manifold, decat, exhaust system, induction kit and remap! NOT WORTH IT lol

If you want brand new parts, then yes honda is the place but to be honest, its not worth it! You can get a bargin on ebay and also civic/honda forums is a good place to find parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yer i think ill stick to the get a 1.6 and save for the Type R plan :D

Kl thanks for the advice, the only type r stuff i would get is the spoiler mabye the seats, erm mud flaps and fog lights if the car i brought didn't have them

Cheers, Daz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts