Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm Rob, found the forum through Google.com as I'm planning on purchasing an EK3 as my next motor and thought this would be a good site to be a part of for all the knowledge etc!

I used to drive a Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec but since getting rid of that I've been pining for some Jap! :D

My old Focus.

Already have big plans for the EK3, planning on picking one up in the next week or so if I can find the right one.

Plans:

Interior - Not too much here, uprated headunit, some subtle ice, some OEM EK9 seats.

Exterior - some nice Rota's, not sure what model, coilovers, type-r front and rear lips and spoilers.

Engine - undecided yet.

Thats all for now anyway, I will keep you all updated on the purchasing and the modding!

Cheers! 8-|

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Splinter, thanks very much, I've been spending some time trying to find the right one, don't want to buy one thats going to cause me problems straight away and don't want one that has been ruined already! :D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, I know what you mean, the Focus didnt look like that when I got rid of it, thats the only photo I could find from when I bought it, mine went away looking a lot nicer, more like a subtle ST170.

I've always prefered subtle over bodykits or in your face! :D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the moment £2000, maybe £3000 at a push.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately though, if i can help it I don't really want to spend the extra 1k, would rather keep it for insurance/mods.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because if I end up going for a 1.4i which is how its looking then i have a car that will save me money that i can use in the long run, it will be subject to a transplant once all the parts are sourced and the engine has been played with by a friend of mine so I'm not sure I want to fork out for the extra power now.

Does that kinda make sense? :- :D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because needs must and I need a car in the next week or so.

·
Registered
614 Posts
welcome m8. like the plans for the ek, sound good, as for the focus i think its quite nice actually. done a good job there IMO

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Edd said:
Welcome I have a minter of an EK3 that you can buy for 200 quid :lol:
im guessing its not that great then? :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hi welcome to the site. Good to see your going jap. Question: Why on earth did you paint your focus's hood Black?? o_O

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Gibbscp, I didn't paint it black, it was a carbon fibre hood.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts