Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new to the forum and the Honda scene lol. Iv just got myself a 1998 1.5 Civic Lsi Vtec which im VERY happy with. Im looking to euro it and have seen some about but i dont know what the stats are..( if you get what i mean lol )
I dont no how low to go and what size wheels to get e.c.t.

If anyone could show me some pics of euro civics and tell me how much they are lowered and wheel sizes then it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
James! :)

Edit:

O and 1 more thing.
I am looking to buy a GOOD air filter. Not a cheap one. Iv herd that the best one for jap cars is HKS. Is this true and where can i get one :) lol. And also a nice sounding exhaust system thats also good not cheap crappy one.

Thanks for reading :)
Looking forward to the replies.

James.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yeah some euro'd civics are alright. Not my personal thing but whatever. As far as air filters go, like Skinny said you can't go far wrong with an AEM!! It's true HKS make fantastic air filters, but theres no one difinitive company to go with. So have a shop around. AEM/HKS/GruppeM/K&N...etc etc

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brilliant thanks :) anyone know what size alloys to get and how much to drop it? to make it look decent? im thinking 15s and dropping it 60mm? but i havent seen an example of one yet :S lol.

·
Registered
795 Posts
That would probably look quite smart mate yeah!! I've got a Banzai mag here with a euro-style 4th gen Civic in it. Thats sitting on 16's. However I dont think he's dropped the ride at all. ust modified some aftermarket lips to make it look like its been dropped.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yehh JDM style looks nice! basically the same just with biggers wheels. :) thanks for the comments helping me out alot :) cant wait to get started lol. Im trying to find some deepdish wheels at the moment but without spending like 700quid lol. Cant wait till its all done :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
a lot of the u.s guys have the whole usdm think goin on with there civics thats a good look for the civic and a mix of euro with a jap car...ideally u want like deep dish 14 inches with an et of 12 and slammed so ur sumps floor skiming lol and hks panel filter is good with a cold air feed

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol yehh :p personally i think its the best look for a civic lol! thanks for all the comments :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
No problem mate, there's plenty of inspiration on there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Euro, eh? Welllll... I'm a VW boy, and I'm only on here because I appreciate Honda's as good cars, and to get advice for my EF project.

I came from the Rice side initially with a couple of S13 200 SXs amogst others, and in fairness there's not too much difference in style between JDM and VW OEM+. I think Civics (at least EF-EK) should generally be on 15" wheels anyway, so there's a good start for sizing. As far as anything else goes, just use your imagination, look to other scenes for inspiration, and don't be afraid or put off by other people when you want to try something new... what's the worst that can happen bud? You'll be the one laughing when it all comes together :cool:

Oh, and don't forget the STANCE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts