Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've recently got a 2003 type R ep3 whatever you call em and basically I want to turn it into something unique.
The only problem is it's the real world were like most I earn pretty much fuk all and want to ask few questions to you all to see if you can help. I wants a car that will be bullet proof as a Genral observation to all my other friends who mod there cars it tends to break and need more work and I'm not talking like nodding ya banged out fiesta or nova they're keen petrol heads with skylines scoobies and allsorts.
1. Would you recommend supercharging the car or improving it's cams as I've heard quite a few mixed responses like you should go for Jackson racing ect. I have heard this will damage the engine in some way even with all extras like the hondata edu n improved breathing stuff.
2. What parts would you suggest as a means to get the performance of the civic so it improves it's acceleration as it's fun I'm vtec but getting there takes longer than I like is it poss to get the vtec to kick in at around 45k revs or just improve the torque to get it there with things like good Tyres,LSD, along this lines.
3 the goal is to have a civic that will wipe the smirk of porche, scooby drivers out there and keep me entertained when I go bashing the B-roads as most roads I drive in are bendy n good driving roads.
Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts would all be appriciated on where to start! Thanks

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Supercharging the CTR is fine as long as it`s setup by professionals, with no silly boost limits. I know of CTRs that have been charged for 40k+ with no problems. It costs alot though, around 4k IIRC

A Hondata ECU can be mapped for the VTEC to `kick in` at around 4k if you like, even 3.5k is possible IIRC. Again, this is expensive. You could get the ECU for around £700 second hand, and you could either upload a preconfigured map or see a tuner (a few hours at a recommended tuner would cost around 200 sheets)

You could always go the turbo route also. The people to talk to are TDI North and CPL Racing. They could also hook you up with LSD. Both on google

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cherz for the info deffinatly given me alot to think about specially saving up the pennies.
I've considered turbo idea but I'd be jus copying the mates as they're cars sound like there shhhing everyone when they blip wategates n dump valves they're amusing though.
The hondadata is something I will get round to adding after Xmas rapes all my money again and the LSD is it quafe or something they're called or do u know any others ya would recomend?
I'm waiting for a friends website to get up and running as he's doing performance parts through thAt and I'm will stock the stuff needed check it out sometime it's http://www.partsforperformancecars.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks again
Andie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts