Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. I have an intermittent problem with my civic turbo, which miraculously seems to fix itself when I take it to a garage! I was going into 5th gear on the motorway, when my revs completely died. They would not get above around 1,500. When I pulled over, turned my ignition off and back on again, the fault had gone! My dashboard light said that it was the turbo, but when I took it to my garage the fault had claered, so as far as they were concerned there was not a problem! All they could do was clean the box that allows the air to be pushed into the engine (I think it is called a MAP, or something - sorry, my automobile knowledge is pretty poor!). It has played up since (took it to the garage about a week ago) but can anyone tell me if this has fixed the problem or not? If you have had a similar problem, how did you manage to get it fixed? Any advice would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yo my friend i have honda civic 17 ctdi sport 2004 !I had the same problem! workshop went, I had to repair geometry turbo was stuck! sent to repair and never had problems but the best and hybrid turbo to turbo swap hehehe Our car has variable geometry turbo! sometimes is a problem for the geometry!!strong hug enjoy your machine are good car isuzu motor!!gretings from portugal!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts