Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. did a search but either im using it wrong or no-one has asked before...

Im planning on putting on 15" wheels with 195/45/15 tyres.

Can anyone recommend me a good lowering kit and how much i can lower it by? i've been told not to go much more than 40mm if i don't want it to rub out etc. Which is fair enough but i was wondering how people do like 100mm without any rubbing out? is that camber arms etc? is there a recommended don't go any lower otherwise u will have to change lists of bits.....
It may be obvious and im just missing it but i don't know.
Any advice would be great.
Cheers guys,

Tim.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hi tim, iv got an ej9, i lowered mine 40mm, and it looks noticably lower, without being un practicle. The wheels fill out the arches alot nicer.
I have P.I. springs on mine and they cost about £100 i think, but i fitted them myself.

i think the people that lower it 100mm take out the plactic arches and use camber kits. but thats just far too low.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Plus with tyres I would go for 195/50/15's they are a damn sight cheaper to get hold of than 45's

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it possible to get 40mm coilovers? or at least adjust them to 40mm?
and do you do this all 'round or does the front have to be slightly higher? i don't know....#
sorry for all the dumb questions...
thanks for you advice though, greatly appreciated.

Tim.

·
Registered
72 Posts
the coilovers that ive seen generally range from 30mm to 60mm, so 40mm is probably about bang on right!
what wheels have you got, all the ones ive seen that i liked have been 5 stud, but im needing a set of 4s!
if your thinking about coilovers theres a thread on jamex coilovers, pretty cheap off ebay and apparently theyre ok!
either way, good luck with that jobby mate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts