Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive had this civic for quite a while now and i do work on it every now and then when i have some cash.its a 1.6 VTI. very fast. Ive got it to do 140mph until now. im thinking of making some improvements and i want it to go faster. So some help please.

Turbo Charger
Will the Engine be able to handle it. How much faster will it make the car go. How much will it cost me. Where is the best place i will be able to get on from.

koni springs
will these make the car handle better. If i drop the car a little more from the back what will happen. where will i be able to get them from.

stainless steel manafold
What difference will it make to the car.

Side skirts and spoiler which match the rear kit
where will i be able to get from

ADVICE PLEASE

Attachments

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I'll structure my answers as you structured your questions.

Turbo
I would highly recommend not turboing an engine that is not built for it. There are far to many complications. For more read my article All About Turbo.

Springs
What springs is your car currently lowered on? High quality lowering springs will improve handling yes, but it's important you do the whole system, not just the springs. If you already have high quality ones, do you need to change? Read more at my article All About Lowering.

Manifold
The fact that most performance exhaust manifolds are stainless steel is not the bit you need to be concerned about. That just makes it look nicer and prevents it from rusting. The important part is that a performance manifold will allow for easier air flow of exhaust gases, which will minimally improve performance.

Exterior Styling
eBay or a good online shop. Have a look in our Recommended Shops section.

·
Registered
342 Posts
turboing is possible, and makes it rapid, but you have to upgrade your internals, brakes etc, or you will be screwed, dont just stick a turbo on the engine and rev the hell out of it.

spring doesnt make your car faster, but if you want ultimate handling get a full set of coilovers, preferrable d2, skunk2 etc.

manifolds can help, but only if you get a proper one, and you're probs looking at around 300 for one that is actually going to make a difference to the speed of your car. other than that, it will just sound different.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i do all that to my car will it be worth it.?
i dont want to spend money and then the car only ends up going like 10mph faster

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah it will be very fast. its a personal choice, it would be cool and obviously its gonna be quite different with all that, but for the money, if you do it all top whack (any other and it wont be worth it for long), you wont be far off a dc5. certainly will have spent more money than it would cost to have a genuine imported ek9 or dc2.....i know which one i would rather have!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
He didn't say not to turbo an engine, he said not to turbo an enigne that isn't built for it, and I agree don't just bolt a turbo on mate like me and Sean have said rip apart the block and re-do the whole internals and uprate the brakes and suspension

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IF YOU DONT MIND please could you give me a full list of what i will need to get changed because i am thinking of getting it done soon.
thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well a quick thing to do is have a serach on google mate cuz you'll get a few results. I'll have a look about for ya I have a couple of mags with rubo'd civics in so I'll scan those in for ya aswell

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
turbo:
low boost at less than 10psi would give around 200hp to a b series engine. to go more boost it would mean doing the internals.
a kit costs about £2000 then it needs fitting too!
any serious tuning needs not only brakes but a budget eg petrol and insurance increases!

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
No, it doesn't work like that at all badatzaakir. You want to read the whole article I linked to. Simply plopping a turbo in will really screw with things. It will confuse your ECU no end and that's just the start.

I wouldn't recommend turboing at all, but it's up to you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts