Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Would appreciate some advice.
I have a civic 2012 d-tech 2.2, yesterday afternoon used the car for the first time in a few days, got 100 yards and while taking a corner very slowly the car lit up with the VSA, EPS and check engine light. I stopped driving and used a code reader which threw up P0087 & P0546.
Test drove the car again last night, pretty sure I have no power steering, but car running well, no acceleration issues or hesitancy lights all remain the same
Have seen some bits on here similar but without theses fault codes like battery voltage but would I have not got a code for that ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated my usual trusted mechanic is out of action next week and nervous about being taken on a right ride with all these fault codes and being a women. Some advice has been to clear the codes but worried if I do that I will be scuppering a professional from doing there job.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Probable little help for yours but my 02 civic has frequent almost stopped or reversing ECU knockouts wi the warning light, Having Googles EPS issues I found some posts that indicate the VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor can be to blame.. well I took mine out and found 2.5mm of endfloat of the spindle shaft. I'm thinking while its motoring forwards it gradually erodes some of its functional connections but the spiral drive gear moves the spindle - and therefore its function away from the 'forwards' end and briefly interrupts contact so knocks out the ECU. Immediat restart clears the issue until very low speed, stop or revers is again selected. I'm waiting for a replacement VSS to come from china as there aren't any advertised for automatics in this country.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts