• H22a Swap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the crack guys I am really not sure what I want to do with the CRX in regard to engine wise at the moment! I have 3 options.

H22 swap:

Pros:
Lots of Torque
Its a little bit special
Tons of power
I already have the engine

Cons:

Its a fucking hard swap
A lot of people say that you have under steer issues as its too much weight over the front wheels so it wont handle at all!

B18 bottom end with a B16 head

Pros:

Torquey as well but not as much as the H22
Very rev happy
Tons of power
I am picking up a B16a2 for free this weekend so I will have the head

Cons:

Its going to be expensive for a B18 bottom end

Turbo the D16

Pros:

Boost!
These engines take really well to been boosted
Already have the engine

Cons:

Not sure how long the D16 is going to last!
Expensive to get it mapped
Might have to rebuild the engine from scratch

Help me out and vote in the poll guys!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The H22 is from a JDM Prelude 2.2 VTEC

I still need a manual 'box for it though

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I have been offered a full greddy turbo kit for the D16 for 750 quid, it is already mapped and will just bolt straight on without any fettling. It contains EVERYTHING needed to boost the engine.

I am so tempted at the moment!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am about 90% on the turbo kit now, the Clio is going up on PH tonight so if that sells its 100% that im going D16 turbo, this kit is mapped to 6psi and is running 176bhp, Stock internals will handle 10 psi no worries so I might wind it up a bit as well.

Anyone want to donate any money to the 'Edds Turbo D16' charity they are more than welcome registered charity number: 0123456789

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thing is if I blow a D i dont really give a shit as I can get another one for 50 quid!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Greedy kit was over £3000 new, it is also mapped etc so no pissing around with that.

I already have the H22 but they are an absolute bitch to get into a CRX and would probably end up spending almost 700 quid on crap like engine mounts, a manual box, drive shafts etc

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With a new mani and new piping it would at the end of the day a turbo is a turbo (ofc it would need remapping as well).

I would love to have a H22 REX but it is a massive amount of work it really is. Maybe for my next one...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I am sorting out the turbo kit with Stoo (CRX-UK) now so ladies and gents its getting boosted :twisted:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I was thinking about boosting it yesterday really, I had the boost devil on one shoulder and the 'can you afford it' angel on the other, clearly the boost devil won :twisted:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How much BHP was his running?

Mine will only be running 176 so it should be alright, but yeah its going to be pretty terrifying! In a good way though I hope :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts