Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, apart from an induction kit, is there anything i can do to my 1.4 EJ9 to squeeze a wee bit more power out of it? Any ideas would be much appreciated

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are many things you can do to one of these 1.4 engines. What is your engine modification? You can swap the intake manifold, you can swap the head with Vtec one, change the whole exhaust system and many more. Depends how much money do you want to spend on that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
good and old tradition of getting rid of the crap you dont need !! if you want to go faster for cheaper,,, get rid off pannels and tool from the boot and stuff like that, :D if all is out,,,loose some weight yourself, have a good dump befor you drive :D loose your girlfriend,,tel you friends to take the bus :D ( every little helps!!! )

·
Registered
249 Posts
Set your self a budget if you spend too much you might as well just get a VTi. One guy on here got nearly 110 BHP just with bolt on mods, i.e. merged header, induction kit, de cat and SS system. That's as far as I'd go with mine...oh, add a close ratio gearbox to the list!

·
Registered
34 Posts
SicklyPilot said:
Hey guys, apart from an induction kit, is there anything i can do to my 1.4 EJ9 to squeeze a wee bit more power out of it? Any ideas would be much appreciated
Aye, an engine swap.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
mugen said:
good and old tradition of getting rid of the crap you dont need !! if you want to go faster for cheaper,,, get rid off pannels and tool from the boot and stuff like that, :D if all is out,,,loose some weight yourself, have a good dump befor you drive :D loose your girlfriend,,tel you friends to take the bus :D ( every little helps!!! )

ha ha quality lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
josh897 said:
mugen said:

ha ha quality lol
Thats what I have planned for the CRX on track, I will be wearing a lycra full body suit and ensuring that i have a dump a piss and a wank before getting in the car.

I will also be shaving all the hair from my body in order to save even more weight, it all helps!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ha ha thats the spirit, shaving your pubes for trackday is the new go-faster stripes!! lol

stripping your car of weight is the cheapest and best thing you could do, especially with the likes of a d14 as they get slowed down even with 1 or 2 people in the car!
i took my 12" alipine sbe sub out of my boot and you could definately feel alot more pull in first and second gear, that thing was like carrying a 10 year old child around in your boot all day ffs!!

to be honest if your a bit of a billy no mates and dont have any friends then stripping your car FTW!!! :cool: lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
SicklyPilot said:
Get it serviced.
if you have a 1.4 most people would probably think to themselves *"If you want to go faster get a faster car".
For free you can take all the passenger seats, panels and the spare tire out, but then that's fine if all you want to do with it is go faster.
for £75 you can get a K&N induction kit and make your engine noisier.
you could spent at least £400 on tyres to improve grip and acceleration.
For about £600 you can get a performance exhaust so that you might get some power advantage from that extra air you've spent £75 on.
For another £600 you can get some shiny new suspension.
of for a few grand you could get yourself a nice 1.6.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
duffman2005 said:
hi m8. advancing the ignition timing a few degrees will giv u better throttle responce and slightly better acceleration.
simon
it can also cause detonation /pinking which is an engines enemy ,
also if your car has knock sensors the pinking will happen then the timing will get retarded back anyway
the only way you will prevent it slightly is run higher octane fuel .

·
Registered
381 Posts
if you want to go daft on the weight saving then do what i did in my old track crx,

strip out the interior completely, i only left a seat, pedals, gear lever, handbrake and the dialswere cable tied to the steering column,

then start the car, get some snips and snip away at the wires until the car cuts out, if you cut one and it cuts out solder it back up and move onto next wire ;)

also take out the sunroof/ mechanism and pop rivet a sheet of aluminium over the hole

all of this was done on a totally standard £400 16v crx and i got pretty consistent 14.7 1/4's out of it and pissed alot of other people off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts