Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite guys,

Im after some alloys, my back tyres are startin to wear a tad on the thin side so instead of getting just tyres im gonna get a full set and some alloys.

Only thing is, as this is my first nice looking car, i havent got a clue on buying alloys. ( Sizes etc.)

So im after some thatl look nice on my silver ep2. Sizes and style is up to you guys, but i do like 5-spokes.
Post links/pics if possible as this would be a great help.

Oh yeh btw, i got 4 studs.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
On a silver EP2...Hmm....

I would say tyre R alloys but they are 5 stud so thats no good. If you could get some type r replica ones in a 4x100 pattern then that would look good.

Otherwise black alloys always look good on silver cars. I used to have 15" Wolfrace Octanes on my EK3 but then that was with quite a severe drop to get them to fill the arches. The car was very low (just ask Alec hes got my coilovers now!).

Are you planning to lower the car to go with the alloys as well? I would defiently reconmend this, alloys with massive arch gaps look like shite!

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea wether im gonna lower it aswel, to be honest i dont like the standard alloys on it. Ive thought about type r alloys but yeah they are 5 stud.

Is lowering even essential?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its not but it looks hell of a lot better if the wheels fill the arches properly.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so weve now established the fact that alloys look better if they fit the wheel arches.

What sort of size should i go for.

say if i get 17's how much would i need to lower etc.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Depends on the profile of tyres you want to get as well. You can have 15's running 195/50/15's or 17s running 195/35/17's and they will be very simerlar rolling diameters.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
i would never run a 35 profile tyre again after an episode with a scarified road left without a ramp on it left a 3" ledge and i hit it in the dark at 50mph and bulked all 4 wheels and damaged the tyres that was a 1000 pound lesson i could have done without. :(
dont buy cheap alloys either there to soft and buckle to easily you get what you pay for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts