Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

Recently acquired an M reg Civic saloon, which the V5 says was first registered in April 1995.

Thing is it's got a D15B3 engine in it, carburettor 1493cc SOHC, and it doesn't have a catalytic converter or O2 sensor (which pretty much all cars made in the UK after 1992 do have, well a cat at least). Done a small amount of research and it seems the 1493cc UK 1992 - 1995 Civics had the fuel injected D15B2.

However, it is right hand drive and all clocks are in MPH etc, so can't have come from too far. I'm thinking it was maybe imported from Ireland or similar - can anyone confirm? By the way it's definitely a 5th gen shape.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well from what i can gather the D15B3 engine was used in the New Zealand model EG (Fifth Gen). But I think it was also used in the EK4 Civic (Sixth Gen).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed the Wikipedia entry for 'Honda D engine' (yeah I know, that's why thought why I thought I'd check here too!) says it was in the New Zealand Civic LX. But mine is badged as an EX, which it does also mention, but doesn't say the country and says it was from '88 - '89, and again mine is later than that.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Its possible that someone has put a replacement engine in it without looking at the engine code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts