Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have got a problem! i have managed to get my new suspension on one side of my ar but have run into some difficulties! while doing the other side i have managed to sheer one of the bolts off right at the head (see picture) my question is am i able to drive it with one stock and one jamex on? and will the car be safe to drive with the nut sheered off?

help me hugh?! also have you got any spare bolts or control arms?

[attachment=0:2sidcau7]P130508_20.28.JPG[/attachment:2sidcau7]

·
Registered
780 Posts
hahaha, sorry mate i remember when that happened to me

i welded the snapped bit, so just blobbed weld round the snapped bolt, and ranted the car for another year with no problems, i wouldn't reccomend running it for long with jamex/oem mixture

best bet is to buy some uprated arms ( i have a set of eg ones but i think ur an ek)

its rusted into the bush, so you could tale the entire arm off, take it to a garage and get them to press the old bush out and press a new one in, then u will need to get a new bolt.
the only bolts i have from there are fooked, as they usually bend/snap wen u take them off

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cant get the bolt out either because the nut the other side is welded to the shock so the bolt if pretty sturdy just dont know if its safe to drive on... maybe i should wack some weld on the back just to make sure

will i be ok on one coil and 1 stock? it sits the same height both sides

·
Registered
780 Posts
you can run it like that, but dont throw it about, and dont run it for too long!!

if you want to weld it, wled it here (as shown by the red)

however once welded it will render the arm useless, then you will have to buy new arms.

to get this off, either cut the forks on the damper, or grind the captive nut off and bend the fok outwards, but the bush usually needs to be pressed out (you might be able to hammer it out)

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah, i only drove mine once i had welded it up as then its bullit proof again!!

can't upload the image, my nets shit atm n it wont let me, but you can see where i mean to weld, the shinny bit where the bolt head used to be lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm i dont know... im tempted to throw in the towel and get some new bolts etc before dirivng it :( i dont know what to do now my dad is going to go fucking nuts at me

·
Registered
780 Posts
the trouble is, you wont get the bit of bolt out the inside of the bush, o as well as the new bolt, you will need a new bush (bot £5 from honda inc a bolt, per side)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fucking hell i give up i have never welded before and dont want to go using my dads hardcore welder because im just going to end up hurting myself - throwing in the towill and waiting for him to come back on friday looks like im going to miss japfest :( feel like shit right now...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was planning to bring it down but not race... but i might have to miss the whole thing now while me and my dad get my car sorted

its an electric stick one with a clamp to earth it

·
Registered
780 Posts
sod that, there rather pants on the accuracy thing, as in you mite weld you doors shut, they are that good!!! lol

you can bring it down no worries!! it can't break as its still held at one end (i drove my ek4 for about 300miles at fist untill i found all 10 bolts in the rear end weren't done up!!!)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im just worried about the fork bending and falling from the control arm while im going along... is this possiable? or the thing just fucking completely!

Are you sure its 100% safe to drive like this with one jamex and one stock and NO welding?

will those control arms that you have fit an EK they look a lot like the ones i have... btw where did you get new bolts from?!

·
Registered
780 Posts
na the arms are bot 5" too short (unless u want masive positive camber lol)

if the car rides at the same height all will be good!!

it wont bend or break, i wouldn't recommend keeping it like tht, but for a few days and no thrashing it will be fine!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have decieded not to drive it like this and have taken the new few days off work to get it sorted i'm going to go scouring the scrappies tomorrow looking for an EK to take a control arm off!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts