Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a set of 15" wheels soon and im wanting to fit 282mm front brakes to my eg4. i was just wondering what caplipers i need. ive seen a guide on an american forum that said to use itr capipers and carriers but i have heard of people using prelude ones. can you use prelude capilers without modifing the hubs etc and which ones do you need, assuming there are different ones.
also i am planning to fit vti rear disks and suspension aswell, so will the eg master cylinder do the job of working the itr/predlude calipers on the front and the vti ones on the rear?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reet then u need either the teg calipers 98 sepc as there bigger, the lude ones are then same but 2 pot (i.e better) or there are the mb6 front set up (5door vti civic) that are also 282mm, to calipers and carriers will bolt straight on to your stadard vti set up, but you wil need to buy MG ZS discs as the calipers that come of the teg or the ludes are 114x5 offset (5stud) and the PCD u need on your discs are 4x100 (4stud) which is exactly wot the MG discs are, i reccomend the EBC USR discs with a pair of oem honda pads, for a budget build or Poject mu discs and pads if u have a few quid to spend.

As for a MC the stock VTI one will do but i used one out of an MB6 ( 1") or the teg one, same again just different shape bottles, it is better if u do upgrade and u will feel the differance.

Hope this helps mate if not pm me i will be happy to help some more if i can :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
What wheels are you running? It can be a nightmare trying to get wheels to go over Prelude calipers. EK4 or EG6 wheels will fit though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
15" rims will fit but only just and i mean JUST is u have weights on the inside of of the alloys then they will touch, i would go for 16" to be on the safe side :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
My 15's fit (just!) running Fat 5's I don't want to go any bigger on the CRX as it will throw the handling out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im getting Advan SA3R's, 15x7. they should clear i think, aftermarket wheels tend to be a better with clearance in my experience (even tho it is limited)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I would check first, just try one and see if that will clear before you buy them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey mate, i do know that ebc do an upgrade kit including the calipers pads, hoses, and disks to upgrade from the lsi's and vti's 262mm to 282mm all in i think its sumin like £200. straight fit into your car. the disks will come with a 4 x 100 fitment.

hope this helps.

Nuno

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi guys i've done this conversion the other week, piece of piss really, i used the braking system off a MB6 VTI-s 282mm Front and 262mm Rear 4x114.3! i changed all the lower control arms, Hubs, Upper Suspension arms i didn't find a need to change the Master Cylinder as the one in the VTi is good enough for the job, however i surgest you change the fluid to DOT 5.1 rather than 4!! i also bought myself a set of Integra Type R Alloys 15" but the Front Wheels will Need at least 5mm spacers as the Calipers on the MB6 or Wider than the ones on a Integra Type R!

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey mate, can u maybe do a write up of this? with the parts you used etc, would be greaty appriciated and also would be a great sticky for the site.

Just roughly how much did this cost ya in total (parts wise)

Nuno.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i might do if i get time mate, not a bad idea would help more of thoughs wanting to upgrade there braking system, it cost me around £300 excluding the new disc and pads i needed to buy in total around £420ish!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im going to have to keep the 4x100 pcd due to me buying a set of SA3Rs. if the rears are 262mm will standard vti front disks fit? if so i will find a cheap vti-s and get the bits i need off that. i want a b18 as a basis for my next engine when my little bro buys my b16 off me. (me and my bro both have EGs, my sister has an EK and my dad has an FN2 [i think thats the the right code?] type-r, only my mums ml that lets the side down)

·
Registered
27 Posts
_nuno_civic_ said:
hey mate, i do know that ebc do an upgrade kit including the calipers pads, hoses, and disks to upgrade from the lsi's and vti's 262mm to 282mm all in i think its sumin like £200. straight fit into your car. the disks will come with a 4 x 100 fitment.

hope this helps.

Nuno
Hi mate,
i just found this post and i wonder do you have the link to buy the ebc upgrade kit??

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
jlinakata said:
_nuno_civic_ said:

hope this helps.

Nuno
Hi mate,
i just found this post and i wonder do you have the link to buy the ebc upgrade kit??

Thanks
Not EBC, but I have the MeisterR 286mm brake kit upgrade in stock.
Comes with everything you need to upgrade your 262mm brakes to 286mm with new fast road pad and caliper carrier.
Tested on a few cars and have no fading issue even on extremely hard track days.

http://www.cyberspeeds.eu/index.php?mai ... Path=70_83

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you call EBC on 0160458334 ask for Bart and say i gave you the number Dean Thomas you may well get a good deal,they sponsor me and my rally car,very good parts fast delivery all round top boys.
Dean,Team GTEC[attachment=0:1x89ejol]wugging_stages_012.jpg[/attachment:1x89ejol]

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts