Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! i am from stafford, staffordshire. I currently drive a 1995 ek3 in red with 45000 miles on the clock. just sold my civic jordan and have brought another 1996 ek3 in silver. have got plans of totaly rebuilding it and have got thorts of maybe a supercharged ek9 engine??? would be nice to hear from fellow civic owners local to me. some pics of my cars below.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was 16! you all know what its like. . . . . 18. . . . . driving for a year . . . . . 1200cc 8v punto - 1600 16v dohc vtec. it doesnt matter how much it costs until its up for renual and you have no money. lol. was £3000 tpft £5800 fully comp. really nice motor tho, and only 13000 miles when i brought it, 23000 when i sold it. gutted!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi! i am debating which 1 to mod! i brought the silver 1 as it is! horrid wheels! was going to do the silver one but its done 101000 miles where as my redden has done 45000? so not sure. . . . . but when i do decide ime going for a ek9 front and rear bumper, ek9 rear wing, lights and grill. then strip out the interior with a red ek9 carpet an red ek9 seats, matt black dash and trim, then was thinking os a b16b conversion. but looking on this ace website now have a b18 in mind? and coms apreciated. will get some pics of jordan up asap.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yamyzer said:
Hi! i am debating which 1 to mod! i brought the silver 1 as it is! horrid wheels! was going to do the silver one but its done 101000 miles where as my redden has done 45000? so not sure. . . . . but when i do decide ime going for a ek9 front and rear bumper, ek9 rear wing, lights and grill. then strip out the interior with a red ek9 carpet an red ek9 seats, matt black dash and trim, then was thinking os a b16b conversion. but looking on this ace website now have a b18 in mind? and coms apreciated. will get some pics of jordan up asap.

yeh a b18 is cheap and powerfull. alot smoother than the b16 but still fast. hughs ek 1.8 could keep up with a 250bhp monster easy possibly more?!?!

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeh a b18 is cheap and powerfull. alot smoother than the b16 but still fast. hughs ek 1.8 could keep up with a 250bhp monster easy possibly more?!?![/quote]

so the b18 is quicker than a b16 or just smoother? just that i was also thinking of swapping my b16 for a b18????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
another problem is i have drums on the rear so will a teg rear beam, brakes ect fit? also will i need to change the petrol tank, dash loom etc

·
Registered
370 Posts
hughs is an aerodeck b18 like the vti saloon. a few less horses than a teg but quite a bit cheaper. as far as i know the teg b18 revs higher so has a diff head and pistons. a conversion may or may not be cheaper than finding a smashed teg anyway.

on the upside you can rape a dc2 for other parts like rear discs and front if you get the halfshafts with the engine. ive heard of people using the sus aswell. could be a good project 8-| . you may want some of the interior too :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was just lookin at the aerodecks on ebay, i can get a whole car for 1500 quid! but what about the wireing loom? shudnt be different id thort. the vti saloons. . . would there rear axle fit my ek?

·
Registered
370 Posts
see the other post i left. looms are too bad as long as you can find what goes where and sometime have to extend it to go to a different destination. aerodecks have similar spec to an ek3 in terms of equipment except i thin kthey have a/c aswell but you can dump that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts