Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Ash Im from Staffordshire i have not yet got a civic just in the middle of selling my car and im looking for a 1.6 sport ive always wanted a civic type r but as i cant get insured its the 1.6 im after im just being put of about the power as i would be goin down quite abit in power ive currently had a startlet gt turbo,ibiza gti cupra and a 2l megane coupe i currently have a Fabia Vrs. As i said ive been researching for a few weeks now and alot of people are saying you cannot get really much else out of the 1.6. As i keep seeing a member on here(nicky) says the 1.6 sport was built to be economical. whats the difference between the vtec and the ivtec and if im correct the ivtec have more power???

Also could someone please explain what a vtec is as people keep saying how much fun they are when kept in the vtec range, a few people that ive spoke to say its like a turbo kicking in is this true?? is a vtec high lift cams??

sorry bout all the question complete noob with honda's

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
the 1.6 Sport is a SOHC engine which doesn`t give any real performance benefits like a DOHC VTEC engine. The iVTEC found in DOHC engines gives you more torque lower down the rev range than the older DOHC VTEC engines.

When the VTEC changeover happens at around 6000 RPM, on my engine it is like adding 50bhp of NOS :cool:

Older DOHC VTEC engines the `kick` is felt more but this is purely down to the engine actually slowing down for a millisecond while the VTEC changeover happens

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you like a fast car, i`d get an older VTi Civic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts