Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi how you doing guys new to the forum

ive been looking around for 99 model 1.6 vti-s for a few weeks and at last ive hopefully found agood one , iam going to look at it thursday from what the sales bloke has said its in mint condition hhhmmm we will see , ive got an astra 2.2 coupe at the min its a good motor i just want something a bit quicker but does not stick out to much, is their anything that i should be looking out for as ive only ever had vauxhalls
cheers kev

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
a girl at my work has a 2.2 astra, not a coupe tho, it`s an R reg. I`ve seen your shape too, my mate has a Turbo one, white with black leather, Bertone bits etc

Someone on here is selling a vti-s too, my man civic-andy from mersey way

things to look out for, hmm...probably petrol stations after always owning a vauxhall...yee haa :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hey and welcome.

Watch out for rusty rear arches as most older civics are renowned for them.
Other than that id say just the usual new car stuff.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Alrite mate, welcome

I would have thot the 2.2 astra was quicker than the civic, if you want something quicker get an Ep3 or better still a dc5 :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 2.2 puts out about 140bhp if you want to tune it you can ie remep de-cat filter etc etc but it works out the bhp to £££££££ not that good

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
great decision, vauxhalls handle shite aswell, quick in a straight line but as soon as you chuck it into a corner they just carry on going straight!! ek9 on the other hand (and most other hondas after modification) do the whole lot perfectly!!

welcome to the site mate, hurry up and get a honda lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
welcome to the site mate,i owned vauxhalls in my early days of driving and compared to honda they are terrible :roll: some can look nice but they cant handle for shit and as you said bit on the dear side for performance mods for no real gain.

as for those about the engine is isnt all about what litre it is!an ek9 is only a 1.6 and just behind my 2 litre for power!you can get a 3ltr vauxhall omega and what a bag of shit they where!could find 106 gti's leaving them for dead!its more than just the engine size in a car to what power they hold,oh and good luck with your honda find mate you wont be dissapointed you have turned to the right company for a decent car and reliability ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah as lee said , cars like vauxhaul are maybe good at for a first car just a car to nip about in- and there are some great looking corsa's out there( lee's old corsa was amazing and sounded amazing) but for better comfort/drive/power, honda's beat them by far- id certainly go for a honda but good luck hope you find what you want :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
( lee's old corsa was amazing and sounded amazing
I know he's your boyfriend or whatever.. but i think everyone knows you dont get a nice looking corsa haha :p

Nah just kidding, im sure it was just lovely..

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts