Honda Civic Forums banner

Hello

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Civit 
#1 ·
Just thought I would check out the site, but to be polite also post some pics of my car and a brief description.

I have a D16Y7 1998 Honda Civic Coupe, which I have boost to 10 PSI at the mo, I have done some mods including, Vitara pistons, H beam rods, cometic gaskets, ARP bolts etc... running about 200 - 220 BHP.

See second post for pics.

Thanks.

#12 ·
Yeah nice one.... thanks for the welcome.

Heres one with the turbo hooked up!!

It has changed a bit from above though, I.E... now has cast iron manifold as I got sick of having the stainless steel one welded up! rocker cover, more samco hoses & HT leads (see previous pics) and I promise not to post anymore here. :p

#15 ·
Well... I have a Stage 2 clutch and 8 lb flywheel kit on the way from the states as we speak as mine gets a bit hot and slips after a couple of launches, the new one is capable of 265 BHP and about 230 ft/lbs torque.

I have also got to get the gearbox sorted as I have done the synchro on second and third gears, changes with no problems up to 6k.... but above that it crashes when changing >:-(

So I am also looking at prices for LSDs at the mo, been checking these out..... pricey though, but if I have to open the box this needs doing too!

http://www.quaife.co.uk/Honda-Civic-CRX ... fferential" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#17 ·
Yes the manifold looked really good when I first put it on, but if anybody is thinking of buying one DON'T use cast iron they work a lot better, take out vibration and stay in one piece.

It cost me in the long run having to modify the exhaust and wastegate piping again :'(

#18 ·
Edd said:
Is that an eBay turbo kit?

Do you have any sort of fueling management?
Yeah bought from the states as a base used some bits and not others, I have rebuilt the turbo using Garrett repair kit, the intercooler, wastegate, silicon hoses, charge piping, clips and BOV are quite good quality and I have been running the set up for over a year and a half now and 10,000 miles.

Lots of other bits have been added from here and there, Adjustable FPR, 265cc injectors, K & N filter, boost control valve, Synapse missing link, St Steel braided PTFE lined oil hoses, oil filter adaptor Plate, gauges Etc..

I have totally used mechanical cheats with no ECU tuning whatsoever, I get about 25 MPG and 0 - 60 in about 6.5 secs and as my engine is a D16Y7 it is non-VTEC SOHC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.