Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions? ooeerr.. :( Well for the first one I don't have a Civic!! heh heh. But -- I do have an Accord, and I am seriously thinking of getting a smaller car, and need more info on the Civic, pref an older one, say 1996 ish, as i hate the shape of the new one, and I also hate cars that try to do everything but drive themselves!! ECU? tuhh! lol..

I would like -- a 1600 se 5 door automatic I think, as I already have a Burgandy 1996 20iSE automatic with black leather trim etc.. that's done 90,000 miles now, and runs beautifully.. :) .. Now that i am retired I really don't need such a big car as the only long trips i make are for holidays.. :) So Sadly my Accord must go.. >:eek:

Sooo.. Anyone got a 1600 SE auto of approx that vintage? If so your opinion of the car would be greatly appreciated.. :)

Location.. I live about 20 miles East of Manchester..

I don't like modified cars.. I try to buy cars that I like as-is without having to mess with them.. :D

I found the forum simply by putting "Honda Civic forums" in the Google search bar..

Well thats the questionaire sorted innit!! ;) a score of 5/10 will do for me.. lmho.. :D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome to the site :)

Does it need to be a slush box? How much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slush box! how dare you sir! lmho. :D and yes it certainly does.. The days when i enjoyed jumping up and down on pedals whilst shoving a metal stick around and trying to hold a good line throu corners are lonnggg gone! :)

Why on earth do people have computers to turn their lights and wipers on, but do all the gearchanging manually? dohhh.. lol..

Now that I'm retired I intend to stop and smell the roses now and then, England is a beautifull island (I was born in a village in Dorset) I intend to enjoy living here and seeing far more of it now i have the time.. :)

Price? :- hmmm, o_O I have never seen the point in losing money in depreciation, so I set myself a limit of £2,500 ish many many years ago... 8-| O:) But... I prefer to pay a lot less! heh heh..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your warm reception.. :)

Now i have to find a nice car so that I can become a bonifinido member.. lol.. :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Try http://www.pistonheads.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; its a good place to start. for 2500 you could get a very tidy 5 door VTI.

You might have a bit of a problem finding an auto though. Honda did make a lot of auto preludes though so that might be something to look at. Plus the 2.2 VTECs go fairly well :)

My dad drives autos now which I find a bit of a pain... I just dont like the way it moves foward on its own when you take your foot off the brake!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
im sure there is an auto vti as someone with a disabled badge was driving one in front of me the other day. i mean disabled. one arm or one leg they cant use a manual. or no legs they need hand controls so cant use manual. u can imagine someone with downs saying VTEC KICKED IN Y0!

btw im not being racist here to anyone. im friends with someone who has it. he is wicked!

and auto's are good for holding something when driving like ur girlfriends hand or her thigh or a guitar hero controller....

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Erm a guitar hero controller? Please dont tell me you tried to give it to a girl with one of those :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eerm .. What's a VTI? o_O and as for a 2.2 I already have a 2 litre Accord and want to downsize if possible..

Re Pistonheads.. Sounds like a boy-racer site? wheras the 1600 Civic se auto that i am looking for is more of a Ladies car if anything.. :-

If -- I was going to stick with a big car, I would go diesel, Passat dti BMW 525td Audi a4-6 or similar. But i rather fancy just having a smaller car.. :)

Mods -- I'm sorry if this is getting off topic now.. any way to move it elswhere?

·
Registered
680 Posts
The VTi is the civic with the proper engine, no pansying around its loaded with DOHC VTEC. This may not be the car your looking for. Welcome BTW. :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
vti is 1.6 with vtec. 160hp. its the fastest uk non type r civic. found in 92-95 eg shape and 95-00 ek shape.

the car you want is the 01-06 civic ep shape. its just a shame that they never did an auto type s. it has 2 litre 160hp smooth engine with loads of equipment including cruise control leather and sat nav option.

you will be best going to a dealer to find the bargains here for the normal se auto. you can search online at honda.co.uk

i would also say autotrader online. it sold my car in a week and months after i had calls about it. so its popular. search on there autotrader.co.uk . you can specify model, engine size and filter "se auto" to find the exact car. watch out for traders posing as normal sellers, they are doing it to save money. theres plenty of guides to help you around that!

·
Registered
680 Posts
The VTi in the 5 door range has a 1.8 and 10bhp over the 1.6, i dont think its any quicker though, however ive never driven the 1.6 so cant compare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting... So what followed the EP model? I have seen some very nice Civics made in around 1997-99? No top of the range SE autos around that time?

I don't like the new Civic, I think it's hideos! lol.. But most of the prev models were quite nice.. Ideal age would be 1996 to 1999 I think.. Not fussy about ESP, but leather trim and air con are must-haves, I also rather like the wood effect trim, it reminds me of the old "B" reg (1965?) "S" type Jag I had many years ago.. I've done the working bit, now i wanna be spoilt innit!! lmho.. :D 8-| ;) ..

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
James,

I have done a little bit of research for you :) is this the sort of thing you are looking for:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have the same engine that my 3 door Hatch used to have 1.5 VTEC-e. They are around 115 bhp so they dont go too badly. They also have air con but I'm not too sure if there is a leather option. You could always get leather seats and fit them yourself if you are handy with a spanner.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts