Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite everyone,sean told me about the site so i thought id join up and say hi :D

i own a 05 honda civic type r in cosmic grey,
no great mods done just a AEM V2 and a full magnex system,pioneer AVIC x1r
(this thing reads what G's your car pulls on breaking,accelerating and cornering,
has built in sat nav/dvd/tv/mp3 and loads of other things i dont know :lol: )
got a snooper aswell just incase :p and my private plate everything else is standard
type r and has the red/black seats and cards.

ive been thinking of a carbon bonnet but unsure weather to or not
to get one as its alot of money for basically a black bonnet :lol:
and thinking maybe lower it but the roads arn't great around here :roll:

not sure where you want the pictures on the index so i will post some in here for now :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hey mate, welcome to the forum!

Nice car man! Nice to have a new member with a relatively new Civic!
I saw it earlier in Seans pics but yeh its real nice!

I would defo go with a CF bonnet if you dont mind spending the money.. its not just that they are black.. its that a regualr bonnet weights loads! How much that head unit set you back?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Ryan said:
How much that head unit set you back?
Was just gunna ask that.

Welcome to the forum, nice car! I too don't know whether to go for the carbon bonnet or not. I would defo lower it though.

You've taken some photos in some awesome locations!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcome n comments :D also after looking about it seems like a good site and should pick up nicely!

lol yeah i know its light weight and all that but ive tried photoshops with it on my car and im just unsure :|
its alot of money which could be put toward other performance items etc but we will see :lol: i looked
into a mugen grille aswell but again alot of money so indecisive on how it looks :roll:

as for the AVIC it was in the car when i got it but it retailed at 1500!!originally :shock: ive heard second hand you can
pick them up for about 600 now and probably 2nd hand as there is more improved newer versions out now,as for the
photo's theres loads of locations up here :lol: all just scenery lol! i take alot for the local car site im on for the other members cars etc :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
alrite lee! nice one for joining up mate, you know i love your car. that headunit is mad, mine does the whole dvd screen thing but its nout compared to yours :(

you guys should hear this thing in VTEC!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you get your backside around here with my video (on a private road ;) ) i can get it posted up sean!lol,thanks mate! :D

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Something I read recently with VTEC is a mod that installs a little dash light that lights up when your VTEC kicks in. Sounds pretty cool and apparently only takes like 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If and when i get a vtec engine, im going to get a thrid brake light and put a "vtec" lense over it, just so when i burn people off, it says vtec at them haha!!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
problem with that is they would only see it when you apply the brake, which I assume you wouldn't be doing when burning it away from someone!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
no no mate, re wire the third brake light so that it lights up with vtec.. nothing to do with brakes, infact, brakes are the LAST thing involved :D ;)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
ideally, id like to wait till i have a body kit. That have this rigged to a switch, when vtec kicks in, the vtec 3rd brake light coming on aswell as underbody neons.. I know its abit boy racer style, but i think that would be awesome.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I had neons for a while, a huge bother. I'm going to make a new topic about it actually. We are kind of going off topic here :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah ive seen those vtec indicators i was looking into them,they come fitted standard in the model up from mine the FN2,
they look well i might get one and possibly and push start button out of the s2000 again depends on chopping and fitting :D
third break light sounds well ryan get it done :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
lol me and his mam bought his number plate for xmas, i just thought id have a look to see if this plate was available and it was :D quite cool when his plate on his pug was like that to like sean said lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts