Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam new to honda and have wanted 1 since i was 15 but other things have happened and havent had 1 yet. i currently own a swift gti, but i dont wanna talk about that. i want a civic 1.6 vtec sohc but i want to turbo it and i would like some information in how good this is and is it safe enough to do. my plan is to buy a civic 2moro or the weekend and rebuild the engine straight away. i am thinking turbo pistons and conrods uprated fuel pump and ecu, their is a few kits on ebay but would like to know if their are other places which are in the uk and i dont have to worry about the vat from the states.
i would be greatfull 2 any1 that can help me out a bit. thanx

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome, just a quick question how old are you?

I also wouldn't go buying turbo kits off ebay, they are pretty shite. Decent 2nd hand stuff over new shite any day ;)

Also I hope you have deep pockets turbo setups can get very expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello
well iam only 20 but for the last 3 years ive held a good job what pays well so i have some money, basiclly its the money what i saved to covert the swift to turbo. some people say turbo kits off ebay are ok and others say they are crap. iam gonna get the kit of ebay i think and if it blows up then i will just rebuild it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts