Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

my name is sahra, and i was recommended to join this site. i am looking into buying a honda civic type r, so wanted to get the scope, and learn about the car itself before getting one! all comments and advise would be highly appreicated.
i am a member of a jap forum, so i know what the forums are all about, and go to the meets my mate arranges. so im slowly but suring starting to pick up and learn different things about all types of cars! but obviously the type r is the main one i like speaking and seeing lol!

sahra x

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Hey Sahra! Welcome to HCF!

Well there are many different models of Type R's. Any year in particular you want? You you need VTEC? I'm sure we can all give you a hand out picking the best one.

Are you in England I assume? Where abouts?

·
Registered
225 Posts
welcome to the site sahra,definatly making the right choice with a type r ;) you wont be disappointed thats for sure but as alec said there is different types of them,which type where you after?theres a couple of us on here but they are the same shape with different bits and bobs (premier seats :mad: ) lol,anyway let us know and we will the help the best we can :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hey and welcome.. I hope you've thought about age etc for insurance.. im 20 and cant get insurance on a type R for much short of £2500 a year :shock:

But if that is what your after im sure you will get alot of good info on here :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the site.
Insurance aint that bad for these u just got to look around.
Im 24 fully comp with my girlfriend as a named driver and protected 6 years no claims and i pay £650 a year.
It's the cheapest insurance on a jap car ive had!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i am 20, have 3 no claims, been driving since 17, have a 1.5 lsi and pay £660 a year on my own.. am I being robbed? lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys!

thank you for showing a lot of support already! please make sure you explain things to be a little slow and not too technquical as im learning and cant absorb loads of information, not with so much uni work to do as well lol!

i am interested in getting an 02 or 04 plate, and it has to be black! i can get insured on one for around £1280, with 3 years no claims, and im 22! a little annoying as for the sport i can get it for around £500! gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr! lol!

no i dont mind nickyboy! and you cant call him grandad, hes no way near that yet! lol!

i think i have answered everyones questions! if not remind me! x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh yes just remembered! yes i do live in england, i live in harlow, essex! anyone know or live local to it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Alec said:
Hey Sahra! Welcome to Honda Civic Forum!

Well there are many different models of Type R's. Any year in particular you want? You you need VTEC? I'm sure we can all give you a hand out picking the best one.

Are you in England I assume? Where abouts?
all type R's have VTEC alec lol

welcome to the site sahra, go for a type R! insurance wont be that bad, you're over the first age bracket being 22, and youre a girl so it wont be that bad!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts