Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Honda for 6 years but I have only recently started to fall in love with her :p It's not my main car but in the last year I have had reason to take the old Civic out on track and I must say it has suprised me greatly! In fact, so much so I am starting to think I should consider some upgrades :D Anyway here she is http://www.torquestats.com/Flea/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

The last track session was in the wet at Combe and feck me did she go well (see the videos ;) ) The brakes are just silly good, bearing in mind the car is totally standard, and the handling is very neutral on edge just nice progressive understeer with a bit of easy oversteer when provoked. I have to admit I always felt it was a bit crap on the road with a real scrabble feeling from the FWD but having nailed it on the track it actually loves to be bullied :D The v-tec is great, it never really feels that fast and I do want for more torque but when on the boil it just seems to go a lot quicker than you think.

It's a really fun car... never thought I would be saying that!!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Hey Flea, welcome to the site!

So this is your car in action. Looks great!

[youtube:e7wyqefb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFYTZvBsi_M[/youtube:e7wyqefb]

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice car, ive just purchased a standard VTi mb6. Mine is dard red. Ive just had a full service and the only thing major needed doing was front pads needed changing.

Very quick cars when in vtec.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not easy making the Pirates Black flip paint look good for long but when it does it really is lovely.

I'm based in the West Country (Bristol) hence Castle Combe getting regular visits :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Haha nice bit of driving, you can see you were there to race, not just have a go!! hah!

Sounds nice too, specially when in VTEC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts