Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im 17 yrs old (18 in 2 weeks) and trying to persuade my dad to help me get a car, i really want a civic hatchback (1992-1995 ones) but as im only 17 the main reason dad wont get me a car is cos of insurance, how much would i be looking to pay for this car? and what engine sizes are available, i know ill probably have to get something small for a year or 2 before i can get a VTEC which i keep hearing about (are they as good as people have told me?)

and if i do get a car i would eventually want it to look like this but with different rims:
[attachment=0:2sp9mkz6]2622324891_4b04d7131d_o.jpg[/attachment:2sp9mkz6]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
insurence is very steep mate im 18 with a 1998 1.4 ej9 and im 2grand a year :evil: but it is sooooo worth it :cool: , yeah mate vtec is fukin awsome man ive had a shot of my mates type r ep3 , it was nuts lol thought i was going to have to change my boxers lol lol . thats a nice looking car man and they wheels are mmmmmmmm :exclaim:

welcome to the forum bud keep us updated ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do but its looking like ill have to pay for the car and dad will pay for insurance and seeing as i have no job funds are limited but ive seen some civics on autotrader but none are white, how much would a respray from blue to white cost? could i do it myself, im very keen to do stuff to my car myself just so i can make it "mine" and unique
also is 112,000 mileage too high, ive heard civics can run for very high mileage with no problems

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ye insurance is steep even on the small engines! I had a '94 1.5 lsi eg hatch when i was 17 and that was like 2grand! But im 20 now with 2 years no clams bonus and im only paying 900 for my '92 1.5 lsi eg with all the mods declared and thes a lot of them lol

Edit:

It would be a lot less work if you got a white 1 rather than a re-spray! the price of re-sprays depend on the work you have done! It took me a while to find a white one mate! The eg is deffo the right car if you want to do work yourself thers endless mods you can do!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i know, older people get cheaper insurance (even if they arnt better drivers lol) my dad has 2 years and hes old but hes only paying 400ish for a 1.8 mazda mpv, cant wait untill its my turn for cheap insurance, gonna get a type r hehe :D

wats eg?

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
civics are really good on mileage it would last you many moons mate , im glad you are interested to do stuff to your car :cool: cant wait to see the finished product lol , personally if you havnt sprayed before leave it to the pros only problem is cash it would prob skin you about 500 but i would leave that till last mate , if you do decide to buy that car get a good service on it mate and take a mechanic with you to have a look at the car aswell just to be sure , i passed in june i was driving the birds yaris :redface: ,then i bought a mk1 clio i went to veiw it myself paid the cash and 4 days later booooooooom lol fooker blew up (french pish). you are much better with a jap car mate but just remember look after it and it will look after you

Edit:

eg is the shape of your car like mine is a ej the type r version of it is ek ,so on

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ok, i thought it would be known as a generation of civic like other cars but i didnt know civics have thier own name for different age models, thats cool

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just to let u know, my mate got a re-spray to white on a 5th gen civic for £200 i think. . . but he knew the guy that did it

Welcome to the forum btw =)

·
Registered
23 Posts
welcome ive had lost of civic the modz are endless yes insurance is a lot but just think what you are getting for you money if you didit get a civic you would end up in a metro or a ford just think how bad life would be then lol anyway welcome hope you find your civic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts