Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am not a new civic owner by all means, but have recently sold my skyline in favour of something more German, but always had my civic as a little run around but am now, wanting to set it up for a bit of track action. Look forward to hearing what you all have to say.
The car is a 1994 eg5 1.6 esi hatch back.
My plans are basic to start with, which is flatten the whole car down and treat some of the rust, then either matt black it or satin black it. Then plan on suspension and chassis work along with the usual i/h/e mods then maybe onto the fuelling and injection side of things.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm at a miss on what to do, I was thinking of doing a h22a swap due to the fact i loved my prelude, but it seems allot of hassle to make it work, so my only other options are rebuild my d16 with better internals and ported and polished, or swap in a b16 or b18.
I have about a £1000 to spend on the engine side of things so what would you guys reccomend for a good track car build?

Edit:

Oh yeah forgot to mention i have ordered my coilovers, so they should be here soon. :p

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
You could do a good high compression rebuild on the D16 for that, you can get some good kits from the states, pistons, rods, bearings, bolts and gasket set.... it really depends on the power you want to attain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right well i have been digging around a bit and this is my list so far.

DC Sports Ceramic Exhaust Manifold
Mongoose Performance Stainless Exhaust System
KAITEN Super Karui Lightweight Flywheel
Blueprint Clutch Kit - 1.5/1.6 SOHC
ENERGY-SUSPENSION Master Bushing Set
Tenzo R Cold Air Intake
RG SUSPENSION COILOVER KIT- bought already
De-cat

I am aiming for a light fast revving, track car with roughly 160 bhp, do the spoon chips make much difference or is it wiser to get a piggyback ecu and dyno tune it from there. I don't want to spend too much on it as it's only meant to be a fun track car. I will hopefully start stripping it out this weekend and start prepping it for paint soon.

Whta do you guys reckon to the sportex exhaust system versus the mongoose ones? I am not keen on the deeper tone the mongoose give out like i had on the prelude, but i changed over to a mugen twinloop replica on the prelude and it sounded way better.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Your ESi should be about 125 - 130ish standard, I think.... so 160 or so should be quite easily attainable with engine build, your mods and a tune.

I not the one to ask about ECU's and chipping though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers, for the thoughts. I saw on funkypower.co.uk they do a stage 2 kit consisting oh head gear and a camshaft, do you think this is a reasonable price or should i look at importing from America? I should probably start asking these questions in the forum though :D

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hi and welcome to Honda Civic Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts