Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As a 3 x Honda owner I think its about time I sign up . Current motor is by far the best of the three , its the 1.8Vti Civic 5 door .A few years ago I knew I needed a practical car, baby daughter on the way(now 1.5yrs old)and I dreaded the thought of owning a car that would never put a smile on my face. Luckily I spotted a Civic 5 door , pirate black, 1.8 Vti on the autotrader. What a fantasic car! I have owned this car for over a year now (longest I have ever owned any car) and its never let me down. On its last MOT it had one advisory and that was for a tyre. One tyre!! Thats it! Love it!

What an understated motor, I feel sorry for all those many "hot hatches" i have buried at the lights ^_^ VTEC is king, LONG LIVE THE VTEC. 160+ Bhp in a motor that you associate with a flat cap and tweed!mad! Only mods I have is a K&N panel filter and 4-1 Stainless steel mani , SS exhaust up to the back box which is a mild steel Supersprint.

My partner owns a 1.5 SOHC 3 door civic (dont know what series , its the one that had the Civic Jordan in the range), some how developing 110+ Bhp so we thought it would be quite nippy , er no . But still a good car! MOT is due and we are crapping it, exhaust has all but fallen off , brakes are squeeking and we are flat broke :p Im hoping to find someone on here who has some bits for sale! So with that in mind I had best get right to it!

:v

Paul

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yer i plan to soon , so what is the model of my gf's car?

I think its the EK going by your timeline thingy , what a cool site!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I am breaking an EK at the moment, let me know what you need I should be able to sort out out.

I have the while of the exhaust system and all the bits needed for the brakes apart from the front calipers.

Send me a PM and let me know what you need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Civic may have more than 170Bhp with current mods but i cant prove it though( 4 bhp for filter 10% for exhaust and mani? ). One thing i did notice is show it a hill off the VTEC and its game over :- In any case it sounds brilliant !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a couple of pics of mine but they are cack , and one more of the TWOC'r who took my gf's car joy riding . Little blighter!!
[attachment=2:20fftkf7]DSC00287.JPG[/attachment:20fftkf7][attachment=1:20fftkf7]DSC00285.JPG[/attachment:20fftkf7][attachment=0:20fftkf7]DSC00292.JPG[/attachment:20fftkf7]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Nice car mate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts