Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm Lucas, 19, from East Lothian. I've just bought myself a civic VTI in original White. EK4 98 pre/f. My second car was a clover vti ek4 facelift shared with my dad, then after that I got some money together and ended up buying an ibiza cupra r, then an ibiza cupra, then an E36 M3 and now I'm back to the vti. best car of the lot to be honest in terms of fun. Used to be on civicsportsclub.net but thats now gone tits up! looking forward to this site and all the help it should bring.

cheers

Lucas

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Aright mate, welcome to the forum. Question, You had a m3 and your only 19??? How much was the insurance?????

Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get some photos up as soon as i get a new camera. It's white (just resprayed by honda dealer) red DOHC VTEC decals and red vti ek alloys lowered 30mm with new bushes EK9 RS*R full system from manifold back with decat HKS mushroom and tenzo r short shift. No air con all stripped out inside with no rear seats, Facelift Coupe front Bumper, facelift rear lights. Plans are for type r front and rear lips and some rotas. maybe type r seats and EK9 cams springs retainers, throttle body, inlet manifold.... if money was no problem haha!

The M3 cost me 2400 fully comp with my dad as main driver. i still use his NCD on the vti. I didnt really like it though, It was too unpredictable. you didnt want to take it to the limit just incase. so it was boring. and it might as well have been a 1.1 saxo in the wet because you couldnt put any power down - no traction. it wasnt that quick either-just in a straight line. i reckon on a twisty track the vti would pretty much keep up. i didnt realise how great the b16's are until i sort of had all these other cars. Infact i used to do this test where i caned it down a slip road and the M3 got 122ish MPH and the VTi i have gets 115 MPH. But one thing i have noticed is the standard vti which i used to drive only got around 105mph. even my 210bhp cupra only got 110mph. breathing certainly makes a hell of a lot of difference to these engines.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello mate, I think I've spoken to you before on CSC

Can't wait to see pics, your car sounds quite tidy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i think your name does ring a bell.... hello again! got a pic of my car, only the one from the ad where i bougth it. it'll have to do for now though. pretty rare in this colour though. the guy i bought it off worked for honda dealer. he bought it after a woman traded it in. so it was 1 lady from new, hence the high number of carpark dings it came with and the respray haha... so sexist

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers for all the welcomes dudes

I am currently on my last months insurance on the m3 policy, havent got my new policy yet for the vti. probably around 1500 f/c or 1000 3rd/p. anyone know any good insurance companies for young drivers? flux and quinns are the obvious ones but anyone as young as me that youve heard of with a decent quote?

oh, starting a new mod tomorrrow - ek9 rear lip... :)

Lucas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts