Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone my first real post have a problem with my heater it keeps blowing a fuse i think its something to do with the sony headunit i fixed in whenever i pull out the cd player and dsconnect it put it back again and a new fuse it works then it done it again last night its a 1.5 ls 5 door vtec 1997 maybe the wiring is touching something at the back of the heater controls as the wires have to be pushed right back down not a lot of room at the back of the stereo any help appreciated

cheers

jay

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think im right in saying that the heater is behind you head unit(below where the top blowers are) and the air mix is below that at just higher than clutch level...

the wires run behind the center console theres quite a large gap.

all i can suggest is what youv already done. check for wires grounding on the chassis or other wires.....
Just try organising the wires at the back of your stereo there should be enough holes behind it to move the cables.
If they fall down just peer up behind ur head unit from near pedals...
I managed to fit 5RCA cables a converter and a sub remote wire and a USB cable behind there. So it is possible.

Also in a extreme case you may have to take the steering column panel the glovebox and the lower center console off then you can check the connections to the heater control Mode control and Speed control

·
Registered
42 Posts
get a haynes manual if you havent already got one.

i think the no. you want is 4050 it does 1995 > 2000 all types of honda civic .

It makes life MUCH easier

i got mine from WHSmith online

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks m8 was thinking of getting a haynes anyway but think i will now as i like to do a lot of DIY stuff on my cars

cheers

jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts