Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ! I've got a civic type R with air con and my heater blower has stop working, I've checked all the fuses and there ok theres a permanant feed to the blower motor itself ,so i put an earth to it and it worked.Has any body else had this fault ! If so any ideas ! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the heater resistor pack that causes it not to work ! it was located under the glove box in the air distributing pipe !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
fixed the thing today, its a fiddle to get to but the fault is just the 2A fuse in the
resistor pack found under passenger foot well, the heatsink is cooled by the air dist. pipe
solder on a new fuse and the thing works fine.
1 hour work max!

i dont know why they would put a fuse with a limited lifespan, hard-wired on to an in-accesable place - probably to charge the £55 part and £100 labour to fix it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
am having the same problem on my type s fuses fine and live feed also, exactly where in the foot well is the resistor pack mate ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's in the air pipe that goes from blower to air vents
3 screws to remove blower, then Take out glove box, for best access.

I think there was 2 screws holding resistor pack in, the pack is about 2"x1.5"x3"
There's loads of heat sinking fins on it , like on motorbike engine.
Once of carr, find the fuse by buzzing for continuity across components, resistors will buz, broken fuse wont buz
Carefull if you prize the pack apart, there's a mosfett stuck on to the heatsinks and you may knaker it if you pull away too much.

I hope That all that elps!

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks for the info on finding resistor pack. . . what idiot designed it to go there i wonder ! all sorted now works perfectly i now hve heat thank god lol cheers for that not a big job once you remove the metal( i want to slice your hand) bracket out the way

·
Registered
1 Posts
The fuse referred to earlier is a ‘thermal fuse’. It is an essential safety component and designed to rupture if the temperature of the heatsink exceeds 140 deg C. This is why it is inside the module and clamped to the heat sink. The white paste aids thermal conductivity. The 2A refers to the maximum circuit current the fuse is designed to carry. Probable cause of failure is insufficient airflow around the heatsink.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exact same symptoms and when earthing it etc. It was the resistor. If you unscrew the ecu gives u all the visibility I needed. No more steamy Windows whoop!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, heater blower problem.. No fuses blown, fan motor works when connected to power... No power in the plug which connects to the fan motor... Does any one have any ideas?? Switch or resister I am thinking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys. got a 2003 ctr, and as above, no blower activity at all. is there a relay in the fusebox that should be checked before getting the resistor pack out? i have recently inherited this car thats been sat for 18 months, and am not the best with electronic-y stuff, and have no manual to check which fuse/relay is for what.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody. I have an Honda Civic 2.2 Cdti 140cv 2006. A couple of days ago, I turned the heater on and I notice a noise inside the central console when I turned just to the right. I took the blower motor out, I cleaned it becausea it had dust. Before putting the blower again, I connected it and I pressed the button of the heater control panel to test the blower motor, but after one second it stopped. I thougth it was stuck and an overcurrent migth passed and burnt some fuse. I checked all the fuses of the under-hood and under-dash fuse boxes, and it just had burnt the number 12 (10A) and number 29 (20A). I changed them, but the blower motor did not work, and the Power transitor (resistor) did not heat. I changed the blower motor and the Power transistor (resistor) and they do not work. I changed the relays number RC-5102 and G8HL-H71 that are under-hood fuse box and the blower motor and Power transistor (resistor) do not work yet. What could I do?.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts