Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gonna fit my head unit to my car this week and i obviously no i have to buy the fascia adapter but do i need the ISO looms (or wat eva they are) and an arieal adapter?
My head unit i have has a loads of wires with it.
What do i need guys?
Its a 2003 honda civic sport by the way.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
You don't need the fascia adapter, and thank god, because they are shit.

You will need an ISO loom, autoleads part number PC2-68-4.

The aerial adapter depends on the headunit you have. The Civic comes with a DIN aerial connector, which is the male type. It has this ending

[attachment=1:43r3n43l]c394_2.jpg[/attachment:43r3n43l]

So your stereo needs a deep hole in the back. If it is the other type, like for a TV aerial, then you need an DIN to ISO adapter

[attachment=0:43r3n43l]1_1111089035.jpg[/attachment:43r3n43l]

I have both of the above items if you need, as I bought 2 of each.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont need the fascia thing???
So how does my head unit fit into that one when the standard stereo is built into it.
Please help. As you can see im a dumbass.
And what does an aerial adaptor do anyway?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks your a life saver. Was about to waste 20 quid on fascia. Thanks mate.
I will let you know how i get on and will post some pics.

Edit:

I no i keep going on. But the iso loom thing is tht universal for anycar. Coz what came with my headunit was a group of cables tht plugs into head unit and splits to 2 connectors tht plug into car. This is all i had to fit it too my old car.
Please help lol

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
The ISO harness, Autoleads part number PC2-68-4 is not universal. It will fit alot of Hondas, ours included, but not all. But it will fit most head units, including yours. The 2 connectors you speak of plug into the ISO harness, which in turn, connects to your Civic.

Don't worry mate, it will all make sense when you have the parts needed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Noooooo I justbought fascia adapter off ebay >.< memo to self must read forums first >.< ahwell was only 7 quid including the iso lead

1 - 11 of 11 Posts