Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the market for some new halo headlights.

I have found 4 I like, all are very slightly different.

Please give your opinion on which you prefer and why! Bear in mind my Civic is silver. Click the image to see the eBay listing!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
IMO no matter what colour the car is, you should always get the black housing.. the all chrome looking ones just look too tacky :roll:

Also, i bought loghts from the jdm honda parts on ebay and they are SHITE!! dont sit well, halos blew first day (they were wired properly, fused etc)

·
Registered
340 Posts
the second and the last are too bling, look tacky mate. u thought of black ones? or they not go with your colour scheme?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my "colour scheme" if you can call it that is just silver with black trime. This weekend I'm painting everything that is currently black, silver which i think will make it look much nicer though.

I wish they would show them on the car lol :evil:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If only I had that kind of time to play with :)

Not sure what I'll go for. I'll have another look after the colour coding this weekend.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i think black is going to be your best bet mate, i knwo loads of people do it with silver but i think angel eyes in silver look too plasticy lol

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, thanks for your opinions. After the colour code I'll take some photos and ask again :p

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey they look good. I'm just worried about black housing because I'm spraying everything else on the outside of my car black (apart from the JDM grille).

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I thought your car was sliver alec for some reason.. well IMO if you get the chrome housing ones, they will look cheesey and tacky on a black car. The black housings never look solid black as you can see above because you get reflections on the plastic..

Seriously dude you know what they say.. once you go black, your gonna need a wheelchair! lol

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, I meant I'm spraying everything that is currently black, silver. My car is silver.

No, I wouldn't go for chrome. I think you have me convinced. I'll go for the black housing.

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah black all the way, the silvers are tacky and chavvy (suit my crx then lol)

also i'm not a fan of the angel eyes that don't glow all the way round, all the ones pictured have a small 20-30mm gap in the rings which IMO is a bit wanky

1 - 18 of 18 Posts