Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there guys. new to this and need help already. i hav a 95 civic coupe. whe i put my led side lights on my headlights come on dim in the background. is there a way to stop the headlights doing this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
this is because the side lights draw less current than a normal bulb, with the led side light on the car thinks th side light bulb is blown. as a back-up the car switches th dip beam bulb on dim. you can either buy ballast resistors off ebay or new 1w led bulbs as they dont seem to affect the dip beam and they are brighter.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Dazzyb said:
this is because the side lights draw less current than a normal bulb, with the led side light on the car thinks th side light bulb is blown. as a back-up the car switches th dip beam bulb on dim. you can either buy ballast resistors off eBay or new 1w led bulbs as they dont seem to affect the dip beam and they are brighter.
if this is true which i am not saying it is not,
buying a 1w led does not compare to a 5w normal bulb ,if you need to see this fail safe exists on your car put the normal bulbs back in and see if you still get a dim dip light on side lights ,
in 1995 era with most cars resistor dip was a big thing eg. for a blown bulb and just to make side lights that bit brighter
its now been dropped , as with all crap ideas
it also interferes with retro fit hid systems as the hid unit try to get fired up with a lesser current from the resistor dip system and needs to be disconnected in this case as well .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if there is a resistor that makes thelights come on dipped, is there a way to make them stop doing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh i see. u seem to know alot more than the mechanics in my work their mupets lol.
Well im off to sleep now mate, work in da morn.
try and getme sum pics of those resistors.
Thanks again

·
Registered
28 Posts
the 1w led draws more current than other leds you can buy them on ebay. if you cant find the resistors to remove then the other option is to fit a resistor in parallel to the led this fools the car into thinking it has a normal bulb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts