Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car failed an MOT a few days ago due to a defective headlight. It was replaced with a pattern part and when I got home I discovered a mysterious part sitting on the passenger seat. It turns out that it's the levelling motor for the headlight, and so now only the levelling works for the left headlight. The garage said that they couldn't get a pattern part with a motor - because they don't make them anymore with a motor - and so the best they could do was to leave it out altogether. Is he talking out his rear or is it possible to get a pattern part with a motor? It would havge been nice if he'd explained this to me and told me that he'd left a part lying around in the car.

Scott

Edit:

By the way, it's a 1997 Civic 1.5 iLS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. They've fitted it now, but they didn't tell me about the motor. If they had, I might have left it, bought a second hand one, fitted it myself and then taken it back for a re-test on the MOT.

Edit:

Keep the comments coming though!

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I bought a second hand pattern headlight from ebay, same scenario though could'n't fit the motor, but the one I had (and have since changed again) had manual alignment screws to adjust the beam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts