Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I fitted my new headlights last weekend. However I notice that my right beam seems to be higher up slightly on low beam than my left one.

Now I came across this diagram showing how they're supposed to work, and it looks like mine are for European roads where you drive on the right hand side of the road.

But before I go switching it around, I wanted to be sure. So does anybody know the specifics of this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i thought normal lights (with bulb and reflector) are meant only for the country they are designed for. eg u cant change the angles of the beam without getting a new unit.

what i could say to do is go to a place that can adjust lights (mot light testing units) and see what they say.

with adjusting uk lights there is a way of angling the beam so it is higher or lower (and have adjustable parts inside) for the reason that if ur towing the lights are way up in the air!

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I can adjust the lights, I bought new angel eye headlights which are adjustable. That's not an issue really.

Taking it to a garage I'm sure would get it resolved. I'd rather sort it out myself though :p

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
get a wall and sort it out
u can see the height of the lights then.

then go somewhere really dark and look on the road for adjustment

there are normally adjustment screws which are pretty obvious what the do.
normally at the top or somewhere where the adjustment can be done without removing the light unit

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. Yeah but what I'm saying is adjustment isn't the problem. I know how to adjust them.

I just want to know if what they are currently at is correct or not! By the diagram it looks like it is, but only if you're driving on the right hand side of the road. I just wanted someone to confirm that I should swap the adjustment around. Bring the left up and the right down.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
the kick up of your beam should be on the n/s ie hedge side , if it kicked up o/s it would shine in the eyes of oncoming drivers ,
you will have to get them set up at a testing station as you will never get them right on a wall you might get them adjusted up and down alright but not left and right adjustment.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah you're right Paul I think I'll take it to a garage where they have the tools. That's confirmed I have been driving European ones then, they kick up onto oncoming traffic :-

I'll get it sorted ASAP.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Paul, he has lights from ebay same as me... basically the projectors cut offs are from america so are made for the right hand side of the road.. so are the opposite to the UK

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
they can align them, but they cant swap the projector cut off over without baking the light in an oven and taking off the lense!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Skinny said:
without baking the light in an oven and taking off the lense!!
are they plastic?

with my 1st car i took an orange plastic thing out of mk5 lights. it involves a hairdrier, careful screwdriver action and patience.

its so easy to take lenses off!!!

tips when u do it: do it in a clean environment and with clean fingers

heat the sealing ring and carefully ease the lense off using blunt instruments, a butter knife is probably better than a screwdriver.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well... no it's still the same. Also my left dipped bulb has no power for some reason so I'm gunna take it in and get that fixed as well as aligned all in one go ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts