Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2005 1.6 Sport.... i have seen pictures all over the place of people who have replaced the headunit in the car..
i really want a cd player with an ipod connection but iv heard the cd player is a right b**** to fit :(

any advice would be perfect

Cheers :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a way to get the cable for the ipod into the storage compartment directly under the cd player without damaging the facia... like holes etc?
also in your pictures you didnt remove the gearstick? i didnt know you could do that :p

i removed the head of it and stuff when i had a look myself haha

Edit:

actually i meant to add... the standard head unit is slightly angled on the left hand side... does this affect the size of head unit i can buy or does it leave a gap or annything??

cheers :p

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Yeh there is, the only thing is its gotta go through the fag tray and then down to the compartment.

I was exactly the same, i wanted my ipod there, but when i looked at it closer it looked like much more hassle than what it was worth so i just left it in the glovebox.

You dont need to remove the gearstick, just the sorrounding, and unplug the fag lighter and hazard light button, these are just connector blocks and they just clip in and out.

Take the OEM head unit off youl see that its just the lip around the edge thats angled, if you fit your new one properly itl sit fine in the hole thats left. You can get fascia adaptors to fill up the sorround, but it aint critical, i was informed by one of the guys on here not to bother as it looks better without, and its hard to get a very good colour match to the panel.

[attachment=0:3fgb3zgu]06122008083.jpg[/attachment:3fgb3zgu]

Thats without the fasicia adaptor, its just set back slightly. Not a problem IMO, looks better without, but its opinion rather than important, as i say it aint critical and if you fit the new one properly with the cage etc it will be no problem at all not to have it. Youl probably find that if you fit the fascia adaptor aswel your HU will stick out pretty far, this for me would be a pain in the arse! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the double din one is smart! are they just the same to fit aye??

any double din units off the top of your head that has an ipod connection? cant be assed lugging cds about haha

:p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think its bether to use a double din unit instead of a single when there is room for a double :) no reason to go for single :)
I dont use an Ipod but, I could if I wanted to. I just use a 32GB Memory Stick. I have an USB cable that runs from the head unit to the glowecompartment.
And yes I needed a "frame" from pioneer to get this head unit to fit corectly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so is there a usb slot in the back of the unit for a usb cable to be connected too?
so could i connect a ipod usb cable, run it to my glove compartment, and then connect an ipod in??
do you know if your unit has a good ipod interface?/ iv seen a few alpine ones that have a total good interface and are really good with the ipods... any idea what your one is like???

cheers :):)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes there is an USB port in the back that the cable is connected to and yes you can connect an ipod on that cable :)
Whe you connect an ipod/mp3 player/cellphone with usb port or what ever it is you are connecting to it.
It automaticaly detects it and starts playing.
You can navigate through the folders with the unit and select the songs you want to play.
At first I thought about geting a double din with an lcd screen but these cost way to much so I went for this one instead works wery good :)
check this link for more info:
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah so the control of the ipod is done through the actual head unit?
by any chance you done it on yours? haha cause i know someone who bought one where you go through the head unit and it was pish.. was total hard to use haha
dont wanna crash the car shouting at my head unit lol

:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
perfect :)
where did you get the frame to support the double din unit?? and everywhere i look it says you need another cable for the ipd :S do you get one with it or just use the ipod cables you get with the ipod??

:) cheers buddy this is helping a heap man!

·
Registered
25 Posts
where did you get the frame to support the double din unit? hmmm.. I dont remember lol but, I think I got it from Pioneer.
The cable you need comes with the unit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mmmm any other places you know i could get the correct frame??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nah.... is there not a serial number or part number for the right frame or something?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the sloped part is pointing to the right on those... ours point to the left on the right hand drive.. :( will have to get a right hand drive one eh... the guy above has a left hand drive anyways so maybe why :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts