Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm having a problem with my 2002 Honda Civic 1.4. The hazard lights won' switch off and stay solid, i.e not flashing, it's killing my battery and i can't fix it. Please can anyone help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't do anything, tried it already. The problem has stopped for now, but this is the third time it's happened to me and wish i could know a quick fix for it to stop the frustration!!!

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
If it's the indicators that just stay on solid, it's not the hazard switch. Water in the electrics or a dodgey wire or something. If they were flashing as though the hazard switch was on, then yeah, could be that.

I'd say just take out the fuse for the lights (not sure if the indicators are on a seperate fuse or if all the lights are on one fuse. Might have to ring a mobile mechanic or the AA or some shit if they are... or you could risk running to a garage in it.

By the way, if the lights are on solid, what happens when you indicate, or put the hazard switch on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lights are on solid, and nothing happens when i indicate, but sometimes when i press the hazard switch, i can hear the indicator tick once but the indicator lights remain on.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
it's fucked then, lol, get an ICE guy out to look at it, or take it to a Honda garage, but don't forget the KY...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
is it not a relay or solenoid in your indicators that makes it flash?

maybe thats buggered and thats why its staying on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right, thanks for all your help, the problem has been solved, it was the relay, i replaced it and it's been working grand since, thanks for all your helpful tips

1 - 10 of 10 Posts