Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just been looking through the tinternet and im getting more and more tempted to put a new head unit on my ep2 because, lets face it, the standard one is quite shit really.

I understand halfords do fitting aswel

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_506221_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

thats the one im thinking about, i just dont know wether to make the commitment and buy it or now.

Give us a help like?

Im scared about it looking wierd tbh.

Pics aswel would be nice ;)

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh i know halfrauds mate, but to be perfectly honest, i dont fancy paying out my arse and i dont really wanna do it myself.

Its really tempting though, i know for a from experience that shop bought head units are better than in built.
Plus i want bluetooth!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mate in ur in for a treat
u need to buy a facia to replace old headunit, and autoleads on supply them in black or silver
but if the colour in the car is champagne then u wnt get one to fit, u dnt notice it that much tho if fitted wit silver
i suggest u get some plastic tools so u do note damage console
do u want to know the complete procedure

Edit:

mate in ur in for a treat
u need to buy a facia to replace old headunit, and autoleads on supply them in black or silver
but if the colour in the car is champagne then u wnt get one to fit, u dnt notice it that much tho if fitted wit silver
i suggest u get some plastic tools so u do note damage console
do u want to know the complete procedure

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fitted the HU myself today...

[attachment=0:275qlhxv]06122008081.jpg[/attachment:275qlhxv]

I started to feel quite proud of myself when i seen this. Thought i was finally getting somewhere!

[attachment=1:275qlhxv]06122008083.jpg[/attachment:275qlhxv]

Finished product!

Built in bluetooth is awesome, the sound quality is ace and i got my ipod wired through to the glovebox. S'all good y0!

Word of advice, dont drop the spanner when your undoing the litle annoying bolts, its hard to find and you may shred your hands....

....like me :neutral:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Night time pic for y'all.

[attachment=0:1rnqdai9]06122008084.jpg[/attachment:1rnqdai9]

Standard speakers aint too bad tbh, they get a bit distorted when its loud as tits but they're alrite!

Dont think il bother with a fascia adaptor either, i think it looks alrite as it is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha cheers, the muppet that fits in halfrauds has fitted serveral bentleys though lmao.

Apparantly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts