Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a honda Civic VTI'S vtec, 5 door, 1998 and the back drivers door lock is not working properly.
It dosen't pop up properly when operning, and has confused the alarm!
To the point were i have to lock with the key and then alarm it!
Help!!! :surprised:

·
Registered
668 Posts
ask someone with a little bit of diy experience to take door card off, check that all the connections to the locking pin are connected properly. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that, and it seems to be fine? put WD40 on bits to make sure, and has not made a difference
but the alarm doesnt respond now to the central looking it will arm but not lock.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Damn when I opened this i wasn't sure what to expect ;) Maybe a post about some strange STI lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, na it does it even when you do the key properly. but its odd how the alarm doesn't activate any of the locks when closing but is fine when operning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appologies for hi-jacking the post.
The central locking on my civic sometimes works and sometimes is as dead as a dodo.
The weird thing is that it tends to work after it has rained or when there is moisture in the air.
Any ideas what is wrong?

PS how do you get to the central locking solenoid - do you have to remove the guides for the electric windows?

·
Registered
103 Posts
mine in the coupes the same its the central locking actuator in the drivers door, should be a small plastic box looking thing, scrap yard source one and replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts