Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Welcome to the forum Austin :)

Just to clarify, you want to swap your 2004 Honda SE VTEC engine with a H22A Prelude engine you have?

Pretty much any conversion will work (within reason) but you'll have to worry about building new engine mounts and modifying your wiring loom. I doubt this conversion would be a straight swap.

·
Registered
342 Posts
like alec says, any conversion is possible, granted you have the money, patience, tools, skills and place to do it!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
yea, your looking at new mount and a different loom in that to accept the h22, it will go well, but your prob best off getting a type r engine as it should go in easier and its built for those engine bays

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah it might be a bit of a squeeze not one i would reconmend! if you want to swap a H22 into something get something older, look for a K20 to put into your civic as they will deffo fit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well now that you've brought to my attention i would have to change my engine mounts... Is there an engine that would increase my horsepower substantially that would not involve changing engine block and create extra work looking for more of a "clean swap"

thanks for the feedback already gents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts